Monday, June 16, 2008

Kung Fu Panda

Can I just say, AWESOME. I really enjoyed it. G got a bit confused a time or two. Overall though it was funny and very well done. The panda, Po, and his dad's relationship was a favorite part.

You never know exactly how they are family other than father and son but they are very obviously family by adoption. Even when you think the dad is going to tell him, the question hangs in the air, understanding without truly knowing, but the relationship of a father's love didn't need the explaination for the son. (It is difficult to explain without giving it away so go see it yourself.) In context of the movie, it worked. Lots of well done action scenes and a few scary parts even for me, the Mom.

Jack Black did the part very well. The part fit him that is for sure or seemed to. I don't know who played the part of the turtle but he did a good job to. The scenes of China (ancient China) though cartoon, were still beautiful.

G enjoyed the popcorn too, and after every handful before the movie started she would say, "Okay, now, yet's sabe dis for yater." (translation: okay now let's save this for later.) Then she would take another handful! Very funny.

One down side is the number of movie previews and some of them were scary! There were a lot of previews. To me so unnecessary!

Anyway, I would highly recommend this movie, 2 and under maybe too young but over that it is a must see-er!!

12 comments:

Vivian M said...

I am so glad you liked the movie!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

We loved it too! That was so cute what Glenys said about the popcorn!

Thank you so much for your kind comment about my dad. I'm not sure if I've been to your blog before...there are SO many! But, I'm looking forward to catching up on your family. By the way, Glenys is beautiful and I LOVE her name.

~Lynn

fricke92 said...

Glad you loved it! We did, too. I tried to point out the adoption bit to my daughter, but her response was that Po's mom MIGHT have been a panda since we never saw her. She has a point...

Ellie Monster said...

I must admit, the previews are my favorite part of going to the movies. That being said, I never understood how they showed a preview for inappropriate film at a kids movie. The preview is usually for another "kid" movie, but contains something really graphic or scary, like Harry Potter or even Narnia.
I guess the all mighty dollar speaks volumes over the sanity of small children. :)

Steffie B. said...

I think I'll wait for it to come out on DVD.....I think Sophia will like it.....glad you had a good time! ;)

AZMom said...

I am so glad to hear from someone in the China adoption community that this movie was good. Thanks for reviewing it!! I will definitely be taking my 2 to see it now.

GWEN OATSVALL said...

my boys loved it ... they won't tell me about it because they want me to take them now ... loved the face painting ... we are huge sharpie marker tattoo family here ... my kids always seem to have something drawn on them ...

have a great week ...

The Byrd Family said...

I love it when you write something exactly how Glenys says it...I never need the translation though...LOL

I have been thinking about taking the girls to see this also.

Lauri said...

great review.... now I want to go see it.... I heard the animation was beautiful. Gleny's talks just like Livi

Lauri said...

This was good.. took Livi to see it today... funny... she laughed the hardest at the creaking floor part... weird

Jill and Rick said...

This was the first movie that I took ALL THREE of my little ones to and they loved it! Ashlie (5) did have bad dreams about Tai Long (snow leopard) the following night, but our 4 and 2 yr olds really didn't seem too frightened.

Ashlie did notice that Po did not look like his father, and that made it so easy for us all to guess that Po was probably adopted. They thought that was so cool!

Jill G

Taylor Grace said...

I didn't know if Taylor should go see it but after your review, I think we will go to a matinee tomorrow just the two of us.