Thursday, June 05, 2008

On the Political Front (Courtesy of BlameBush)

Obama Not Ready to Concede
Well, it appears that Obama has finally locked up enough delegates to put him over the top. So unless he does the right thing and concedes, he'll probably get the nomination.

Many of you are so furious right now that you're threatening to vote for John McCain, just to stick it to the Democrat leadership for cheating our beloved Hillary out of her rightful throne. However, I urge you to reconsider.

I'm not wild about Obama, either, but he's certainly a better choice than that doddering old geezer. As progressives, we at least can agree with Obama on issues that are important to us.

On the other hand, McCain holds radically different views from ours on everything from Iraq to...well, that's about it. Indeed, electing McCain would be like electing Bush to a third term. I'm sure that's the last thing any of you would want to happen. So it's vitally important that despite our righteous anger over what happened to Hillary, we all rally behind the man whose record and core progressive principles will unite democrats under a banner of hope and change...Senator John McCain!

I mean Obama.

5 comments:

Kikilia said...

I don't think Obama can win without Hillary on the ticket. As much as I don't want another 4 years of a "Bush clone" in the White House- I just can't vote for an inexperienced person that never should have run in the first place.

I am still bitterly upset and disappointed by the folks in this country that even entertained the idea of someone just 8 years in the senate with NO international experience to be a viable candidate.

Okay- sorry to rant on your blog. ;-)

Not voting seems to be my best choice right now- maybe I'll change my mind come election time.

Amy said...

I'm voting for McCain. Maybe he will even have a women as a VP?

Vivian M said...

I am still hoping for the dream ticket. Maybe between the two of them they can do some good for the country.

JoAnn in NJ said...

No Obama for me!
No siree!

Tasha said...

I'm an Obama Mama!!