Thursday, June 12, 2008

Strep

We have it. Called the daycare director yesterday to let her know that G had been sick and she told me that strep broke out in the daycare. Kids were getting a fever like her and then the soar throat. Two of her classmates had/have it as well as the 2 year old room which she has to interact with before I pick her up.

So I decided today to take her to the doc. Plus she is not breathing at night. I video'ed her last night breathing or rather not breathing. I taped over 5 minutes of it. But she did it longer. Even one time she wasn't breathing for 4 or 5 secs but the doc said as long as it wasn't 10 secs. Um I won't allow it to go that long! I pinch her nose or shake her to get her to catch her breath!

videoI will be greatful for the terrible breathing and the strep because unlike Maria Chapman's parents, they won't be taking her for strep tests or worrying about her breathing anymore. Like someone else said, it makes me tear up still to think about it too!!

3 comments:

Donna said...

Wow, I've never heard breathing like that. I hope Glenys feels better really soon.

Christy said...

OH THAT IS JUST HEARBREAKING. tHAT WOULD TOTALLY FREAK ME OUT!! POOR LITTLE THING- THAT IS JUST HORRIBLE-- I HOPE SHE IS FEELING BETTER NOW-- UGGGG POOR THING!!

CHRISTY

The Byrd Family said...

For some reason I can't make the video work BUT we have strep so much I can use my imagination! Praying she is feeling better.