Monday, June 09, 2008

Travel Buddies and Conversations with G

Go here to wish one of our travel buddies and her family well wishes on adopting her baby sister from China. This family even has Dennis, our 2005 Nanning/Guilin city guide, for their agency guide. How cool is that?

Anyway, yesterday we headed to a family reunion in MS for the day. As we approached, mom asked G if she would talk to people when we got there. G said, "Well, Grammie, I not a grownup so I can't talk."

This morning, while I was taking her temp, she said, "Momma our baby sister can't be sick. If she got sick she would be 'tearble' like I am 'tearble'."

I think she means that she feels terrible, and it is terrible to be sick. I just reassured her that she will get better and will have fun with grandad, with whom she is staying today.

I don't remember many times that my dad stayed home with us when we were sick. I guess he did maybe. More than likely he didn't. My grandparents lived the same distance from us as we do now to my parents. They kept us a lot or mom stayed home. I would have today but not expecting this I didn't have any of my work home so I didn't. Tomorrow I will since she will not have been 24 hours fever free.

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

Hi, Beverly, This is Sabrina from CHI. I got your blog address from Michael and Susan. We meet them in our office today. Mina has grown into a big girl! It's sooo cool to talk about our days back to 2005!
We talked about you and Glenys. They say Glenys still likes her grandpa! You are a great mother. I enjoyed looking at your blog. Tell you a good news: I have been pregnant for 7 more months. I will be mommy in the late August!
Blessings, Sabrina

Anonymous said...

Hi, Beverly, This is Sabrina from CHI. I got your blog address from Michael and Susan. We meet them in our office today. Mina has grown into a big girl! It's sooo cool to talk about our days back to 2005!
We talked about you and Glenys. They say Glenys still likes her grandpa! You are a great mother. I enjoyed looking at your blog. Tell you a good news: I have been pregnant for 7 more months. I will be mommy in the late August!
Blessings, Sabrina

laurel said...

Your daughter is so amazing. She says the most amazing things.

EllieNat said...

Your daughter's comments cracked me up. Thanks for the laugh!