Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Guess Where Else It Is Foretold?

This article attempts to call into question the life and death of Jesus based on a tablet found on the eastern bank of the Dead Sea. HMMM??? Well, let's see where it was foretold, shall we? Genesis 3, Exodus with the Passover, Isaiah, Daniel, the Psalms. I could go on and on. This is good news because it is extra Biblical evidence but these Biblical writings have been around for a long time. It is still
good news even though the article attempts to disprove the resurrection.

Now you may ask, "Well, how do you know the Bible is true?" So I am going to direct you to someone who has done the research and compiled a concise, clear, and well written response here.

Do I believe it is true? Every word from Genesis to maps, heh! I understand it is true and does not have to be rightly interpreted through any other means. The Bible should be interpreted using the same literary technique by which all books are read and interpreted.

A person doesn't necessarily need others to do so for him although very learned men can give guidance. Yes I depend on others to do the research because I don't have time nor money to travel all over and do the first level research required.

A person can come to faith in Christ through the old testament alone. It is all there and all foretold in the old testament. Now everyone won't agree with this post. I only ask that you be respectful in your comments and comment by the rules!

1 comment:

Vivian M said...

We use the word "faith" sometimes to describe believing in something we cannot see or prove. Some people need to see it to believe it though, and for them I am glad there is "proof" out there, whether they be ancient scrolls or artifacts, or burial sites, or scholars with facts and figures. As for me, I have been fortunate to build my faith through my life experiences, and I don't need any more proof to believe. But that's just me. I cannot explain why or how, it just is. That's the wonderful thing about faith.