Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy Fourth Of July

and other pic. of G. Here she is swimming like a fish.

Those splashes are G jumping in the water or jumping off the diving board.


Floating on her back. All pics curtesy of my mother.



My cousins are in town for my mother's side family reunion. So one of my mom's sisters and one of her kids (with family) are here for the night. This cousin of mine has two girls, one 12 and one 2. G is in heaven with the 12 year old, not so much with the younger one. Good thing the baby doesn't realize she is not as well loved.

Yesterday G completed swim lessons and then she and I (no pics) got in the pool at Grammie's house, ended up freezing our arses off. G wouldn't do all of the swim moves and I didn't know what the helk Ms. Lisa showed them. I think she showed them basics but G is not necessarily pool ready.

So as far as bigger pools go I am not a strong enough swimmer to let her jump off a diving board in a deep end to help her get to the side. I just am not so I would like to have her take two more weeks but she doesn't want to. Maybe we will reinforce it next year. I need her to be able to float on her back with out someone at her head and someone at her feet. I want her to learn and be able to dog paddle as well as swim. Maybe I expected too much but I am not ready to take her to a bigger pool.





Now she is bossing the 12 year old around in my mother's bedroom, heh. Oh and you are never too old for "shabin' cweem."




10 comments:

kerri said...

Happy 4th of July, have a wonderful holiday! ;)

The Byrd Family said...

I can't believe how grown up Glenys is beginning to look....she is beautiful!

Don & Denise Sullivan said...

HAPPY 4TH BEV & GLENYS! Hope you have a great time celebrating today. I think I'll hold off on the shaving cream for awhile. Nate would think it's funny to eat it. Doh!

Vivian M said...

Have a happy 4th of July!

Briana's Mom said...

She is definitely a little fish!

Happy 4th to ya!

Super Mommy said...

I'm impressed with little Ms. Glenys - Jasmine is almost 5 and won't really go in the water, only the steps! Have a fun 4th!!

nikki said...

Glenys is doin' great in the pool! Lily doesn't like to get her head wet.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

3D said...

Lovely pics! Fun time in the pool.

Keep smilin!

Sister~Mom said...

I am jealous, the pool & Shaving cream now that's fun!! :)
Happy late 4th!
Commencing fireworks and fanfare as I exit. LOL! :)

marilyn said...

Your mom's photo skills have improved! I miss those FFFF challenges:) Great swimming, Glenys!