Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I Tell You

Lice is kicking my arse this summer. Twice at G's school/daycare they have sent a child home with lice. I have had to do the whole sheet re-washing thing and everything. Just the mere suggestion of lice though and I feel bugs crawling on me.

Last night after I read the school note about the lice, I was def itching. At one point G was on my lap and I typically felt the itching on my neck. Then all of a sudden her hand goes down the front of my shirt and she yells, "BUG!"

Freaks the stew out of me and sure enough their was a bug a little bigger than a gnat that had gotten on my necklace (making my neck itch) and then crawled down my shirt. I am not a liker of creepy crawly things.

And you know what? Just thinking about it I am itching again. My mom already checked me for lice and I am clean as is G. Somethings will always and forever be a mom's responsibility and checking for lice is one of those!!

11 comments:

Cheri said...

We have our share of bugs here in Virgina, few of which are my friends. I actually posetd about that this week too.

Avoid the lice at all costs! My niece had a particularly aggressive strain and had to be treated REPEATEDLY for almost THREE months. It was awful. The doctors just didn't know what to do anymore! They finally went away, but yes, the constant laundry and separation of one child's things from the others were challenging!

Super Mommy said...

That sucks. I hope you get rid of them quickly.

Vivian M said...

Ugh! I HATE bugs and would have been screaming!

Craig and Cindy said...

Oh my! I will have nightmares about that when it happens...seriously, when I was in grade school I went to a slumber party and everyone got lice! It was ICKY! Had to chop ALL the hair clear off!

Cindy

Shelly and Family said...

Those little bugs give me the creeps too. So far, no scares from Francesca's little school, but I am waiting for the day I too get that message...ugh!

Donna said...

I am so with you on that! Emma had scabies when we got her from the orphanage and that is not fun either!

AZMom said...

Oh thanks..now I am itching! Lice, ick! Gnats ICK! Bugs ICK!

Sorry to hear about your aunt. I have a great uncle who is at death's doorstep too and I have not the time or the money to go and see him either.

Big hugs to you!

mommy24treasures said...

this is terrible but you still made me laugh! I too itch when I think of bugs. UGH!

The Byrd Family said...

Ewwwww....I know what you mean! Just thinking about it makes your skin crawl!

Sharon said...

I am the same way, the mention of it makes me feel it! You are so funny how you tell the story!

I am so sorry about your aunt Beverly. I will be praying for the whole situation! God Bless Your family especially during this time.

Donna said...

Just reading this makes me itch. There were several lice cases in Doodle's class last year. I had her use tea tree oil shampoo and conditioner and it seemed to keep them away.