Thursday, July 31, 2008

This Is What I Came Home To Today

Clementine, my dog, in the kennel, in the doorway of the dining room, chewing on my daughter's bag's strap.

See where the dirt is? That is where the kennel usually sits; actually where I left her this morning.
See her drinking that water? That water bowl stays in that spot in the floor and she managed to move the kennel without spilling any water.
There is a big storm moving in this area. No rain yet but lots of lightening and a significant drop in temp. She has now had a dose of benadryl and another dose of melatonin but she hasn't peed or pooed yet since 7:20ish this morning. She runs out in the yard and runs right back in without doing anything. I hate summer thunderstorms.

2 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

My sister's dog is terrified of thunderstorms too! Won't go potty outside at all until after it - sometimes hours after!

Vivian M said...

Wow your dog is amazing. Or hates cages.
I have crate trained both my dogs and they never did anything like that! Maybe you should rename her Houdini?