Monday, August 04, 2008

The 4 Most Recent Meltdowns and Their Causes

1.) Sunday morning G melted down over the realization that she slept in her t-shirt. She had been sleeping only in her big girl panties and pullup but Saturday night she forgot to take her t-shirt off.

2.) Sunday morning after the first melt down, she decided she needed to go back to bed so we did until almost 11 when I woke up to get her ready to go visit grandad since we missed church, leading to the second meltdown. She wanted to go to church right then. Turn the clocks back to 10:15am. That meltdown fed into meltdown number 2 1/2 to be mad about not having breakfast and wanting to eat waffles in her very wet/heavy pullup just like every other morning.

3.) Sunday night (sensing a theme?) getting ready for bed. She didn't want to. She refused to get a bath and I was fed up. I felt like she had cried all day long and I was sick of it. So I left the bathroom (not calmly) and told her I didn't care if she stunk at school on Monday we were going to bed!

4.) Monday morning, after telling her not to get her blanket in the waffle syrup, she did. So I took it to wash. You would have thought I cut her foot off. I washed it on the shortest setting I could possibly do and blankie didn't even get but a 10 min dry. She had blankie to ride in the car to school with but not to cover her head while she watched The Prince of Egypt this morning.

I am tired. I am exhausted. My parents are leaving in the morning to see my aunt in San Diego. They will be gone for 11 days. G and I will be together without a grandparent break for 11 days. I am not sure I am going to make it out alive!!

I just hope there are no melt downs tonight!!

7 comments:

Chinazhoumom said...

I bet she is growing - when K acts up she is either
1 hungry
2 tired
3 growing
I say take her out each day to the park - and have apicnic there -and let her play - meet another friend and let the kids run run run!
Good Luck!

Kiayaphd said...

Take a deep breath; it's not as bad as it seems right now. Trust me on this one!! Ok?? Put on some soothing music, lace her chocolate milk with a tranquilizer (I am SO kidding!!), and get an early night. Things will look better tomorrow; don't anticipate being without the grandparents for 11 days. Focus only on getting through tomorrow and the next. They will be back before you know it.

mommy24treasures said...

ahhh 3 yr olds and drama...
Hard stuff sometimes.

Heather said...

Breathe deeply my friend, one breath at a time and you'll get through the whole 11 days.
Take care
Prayers for respite going up
Heather BT

AZMom said...

OH BIG HUGS!! I've had DAYS like that TOO!!

I hope today is much better!

nikki said...

Meltdowns are THE WORST! And, it is just about crazy some of the things that bring them on, yes?

Good luck, my friend!

Vivian M said...

I feel your pain! I don't have grandparent breaks, or any breaks for that matter, so I know how important they are. Try to breathe, walk away, count to ten. And remember you were once her age too!
(Feel free to throw tomatoes at me).