Monday, August 18, 2008

Conversations with G

Tonight G smashed her finger in the door. It is red only not really hurt although I am sure it did hurt. So we looked for the boo boo bunny that never seems to stay in the freezer. I ended up using ice in a paper towel.

She said, "Mama, I pinched dis finger, um I mean dis thumb too." I said, "Well put it on the ice." Then she said, "Well, mama, my lips got hurt I bumped dem too." I said, "you can put the ice on her lips. Then she thought a sec and said, "Mama, my whole mouth hurts." I finally told her it would be okay to just eat the ice. Yes she is an ice eater.

We went for what may be the last time to the pool. The water is too cold. We stayed 30 mins. She doesn't go anywhere when she swims under water. Actually that is not quite right, she goes down. I want her to take more lessons but can't afford them right now so first thing next summer she will be signed up. I need her to learn to propel herself forward not down.

For some reason this has been an extremely long day. And I am extremely tired. I took and excedrin PM last night to counter the effects of the coffee I had after 4pm but then my work phone/e-mail went off at 2:30ish am regarding an automated response and then I was up for good at 5:30am. YUCK! G is in the shower now and then we will hit the sack. She is still staying up for an hour or more (even on benadryl) when we go to bed.

2 comments:

AZMom said...

OWIE! I hope you both get some much needed sleep tonight!

Don & Denise Sullivan said...

Nate's an ice eater too and benadryl keeps him up as well. Actually it makes him really hyper...like he just ate an entire thing of cotton candy.