Saturday, August 09, 2008

A Day At The Mu-z-ah

We spent about an hour at the children's museum (pronounced "mu-z-ah" by G). They had the back to school weekend. We came home with two books, a sheet of 350 stickers, suckers, color book, ruler, colors and lots of coupons. One of the books was Tomas the Tank which is the 60th anniversary celebration. Had no idea that story was that old.


They had face or arm painting too. G knew they would based on the last visit we made. We spent 30 mins in line to get this.


It was absolutely packed too. G tried her hand at golf until that little girl in the pic took the ball. Where the mother was? I have no idea.

From there we went to build something in the "grandma willow" room. The museum is getting to be a little too green for my tastes. I don't mind teaching children how to take care of things but the whole green movement goes extremely way too far almost into nature worship. I will do everything in my power to prevent nature worship in my house. I am afraid it is an uphill battle with the way things are going.



6 comments:

Super Mommy said...

How fun - love the body art!!

Shaun said...

SG asked to go again today and after reading this, I am glad I opted not to. Looks like Glenys had a great time though.

Wendy said...

Too cute, but you know that!

Can I ask what you mean by 'nature worship'? Do you mean taking care of the planet and making sure there are resources around for our children's children??

Vivian M said...

Kerri loves the museums!

AZMom said...

Love the art on her arm!

Glad she had fun and came home with some cool goodies!

laurel said...

How fun! Wow, Glenys' hair is getting so long.