Saturday, August 02, 2008

What a Day, a Wonderful Day

We hit the beach bright and early this morning. The alarm went off at 6:30 but G actually woke me up before that and said, "I just cannot wait to go to the beach." I told her to go back to sleep and then we didn't get up until 7. We finally managed to pick up my friend Shay around 8:30ish and off we went.

A good friend, here, gave us her beach umbrella, although she doesn't know she gave it to us yet. She thinks she only loaned it to us, heh heh heh.

We arrived around 9:30ish and stayed a wee bit over two hours. There are no pics because I didn't get any disposable cameras this time and I don't take any good cameras there. There was only one group there and one dead fish floating in the lake, YUCK! I made G get out of the water then. Oh and NO SUNBURNS on any of us. I swam in a T-shirt, though, and made G do the same for a bit.

We left for lunch and changed into dry clean clothes in the bathroom. Then we headed out around 1:00ish getting hom around 2:00pmish. G even let me take a nap when we got home while she played on the computer. She was so good that I was able to sleep for an hour and 45 mins.

Then I got up and we played in her new tent that she got for the finger stick from the doctor. Yes I was able to find a tent on clearance (my fav word) from Target (my fav store) and put it together for her last night. The only down side is that is doesn't have a zipper like she asked for. But it is pink and purple and has butterflies on it. We have both been in it three times now.




2 comments:

Vivian M said...

Love the tent, it's way cool!!!

The Byrd Family said...

What a great tent! So glad she enjoyed the beach!