Monday, August 11, 2008

What I Post and Why

Usually what I post is from our life in general, something I find on the Internet that interests me, or in response to comments for which I have no return e-mail. I have been in a dialogue with people via the blog posts because I don't have an e-mail for them. I have also been in a dialogue with people for whom I did have an e-mail, but all dialogue starts with a comment to a post.

I have been criticized for not posting things related to motherhood and for failing to go along with the majority in my lack of belief in evolution or global warming. Now first thing one must understand is that everything I post affects the way I parent my child. My beliefs will be passed onto my child. I will have to re-teach her everything she will learn in school about evolution, and I have the scientific materials to do that. I will encourage her to think for herself, but I will teach her the other side of the issue as she won't get it in school.

The next thing one must understand is that politics will affect my child. Whomever we elect in this presidential election will affect my daughter for the next 30+ years. There will be at least one supreme court appointment made if not more during the next presidents tenure so helk yeah I am going to post here about what I see as ridiculous statements made and Obama is topping the charts!

Another thing is to request to all those who comment if you wish to make a statement in opposition to what I post, be prepared to either hear back from me via e-mail or via blog post. But don't then turn around and say, "I won't discuss politics or religion because it is too personal." If you mean that statement then pass on the comments in the first place because once you comment I will respond.

And remember this, there is one truth. Truth by definition is exclusive. There cannot be two mutually exclusive truths. Either one is false and one is true or both are false. This is philosophy 101. This is the same as you can't have two mutually exclusive ideas and both be correct or good. A good idea has truth behind it in some fashion. And the statement, "what is true for you may not be true for me" is BS with all caps. We cannot in and of ourselves define what is true based on our own beliefs.

If this blog disappoints because I am not agreeing with your belief system or because I am not all syrupy-sweet with pics of G, too bad. I post to get readers to think and because the posts are directly related to how I live and the worldview from which I come.

I am not here to please everyone though that would be nice. I have not once judged some one's eternal soul based on his/her belief system which is what the do not judge statements are all about. I have not condemned anyone for believing different from me. On the contrary I have invited comments as long as they are not hurtful or disrespectful. I have tried to be very respectful in my posts of other opinions at least to my readers.

I rejected an Anon comment that stated I should stick with the mothering posts and leave the ramblings alone and that that person is "out of here" for good. Well, adios!

6 comments:

cheepette8 said...

Amen! I totally agree with you. It's funny how people come to blogs, don't agree with you, post nasty anon comments and threaten to never read your blog again. I say fine, don't read it. It's my blog and I can post what I want. What's going on now is something that will affect my children's lives forever. I thought it was hilarious when Obama said just inflate your tires... yea right. We need to be drilling here and right now. We need to be coming up with other energy plans as well. Inflating my tires isn't going to help in the long run. Keep on posting.. you have my support :).

Heather said...

WooWoo!
Say it as you see it!
Heather BT

Wendy said...

I just wanted to say, that I, in no way, meant to be antagonistic in my comments. I will admit that I do not agree with your beliefs but I AM interested in reading about them. We all tend to surround ourselves in the real world (not in Blog-sylvania) with like-minded individuals. So, I am always interested in hearing the viewpoints of others. Case in point, I didn't know that there were people who did not believe in Global Warming! Not that I will change my mind, and not that I plan to change yours, but it does make me think more about my beliefs.

So, to each her own!! And I do apologize if I started up some trouble. I'll go back to the lurking! :)

Don & Denise Sullivan said...

Frankly, I like your variety of posts. It made me think that I needed to add more variety and I find I get more comments on my blog when I do that.

Some people are quick to react to a post but don't have the guts to back it up. Keep on, keepin' on!

Christy said...

AMEN!!!!!

i TOTALLY AGREE AND FEEL THE SAME WAY. MY THOUGHT IS THAT IF YOU DISAGREE AND YOUR POSTS UPSET THE READER, THEN DONT READ IT-- FREEDOM TO CLICK TO ANOTHER SITE!!! GEEZZZZ!!!

ANYWAY, FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH, I AGREE WITH YOU ON MOST OF YOUR TOPICS AND DO THINK YOU NEED TO HAVE AN OPINION AND TEACH YOUR KIDS. THIS WHOLE "LET YOUR KIDS BE OPEN MINDED AND PRESENT ALL THINGS TO THEM IN A NEUTRAL MANNER" REALLY BUGS ME. iT IS OK TO TALK ABOUT ALL OF IT AND PRESENT BOTH SIDES BUT PARENTS DO THEIR KIDS A GREAT DISSERVICE BY NOT GIUDING THEM BASED ON THEIR MORAL VALUES AND BELIEFS. THE KIDS ARE GOING TO GET BOTH SIDES AND IT IS GOOD TO DISCUSS THE SIDES, BUT YOUR KIDS DESERVE TO BE GUIDED SO THEIR IS NOT CONFUSTION.

jUST MY 2 CENTS :)

cHRISTY :)

Amy said...

It's your blog. These are your ideas. I am very political and spiritual! I can not help but post stuff I care about. I'm behind you. Post what is on your mind! We do not need to read it!!!