Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Conversations with G




The other night a friend of mine, G and I went to a women's evening at my former church. It was billed as a Girl's Night Out at the coffee bar in the church with dessert provided and a jazz concert. Because the church has so many musically talented folks I assumed it was going to be like a jazz quartet or something.

I picked G up from school, we changed into semi matching outfits and I explained that we were going to a concert. She asked me what a concert was and I explained that there would be a stage with some performers playing instruments. She asked if there would be dancing and I told her that she and I could dance.

So what it ended up being was one pianist playing like at a piano bar and then she gave her testimony of how God uses her and is involved in her life. We did go visit the book store and there was a very large bear in it that G fell in love with as you can see. I was a bit disappointed in the whole concert thing though. We did play go-fish as there were some cards out and about. That was fun.

But as we were leaving and I was buckling G in the car seat, she said, "Mama, dat was NOT a conceurt!"


This morning she asked me why I don't like "Hannah Ontannah barbies." I didn't know they made them. She said, "Well, Morgan has one. And it's weelly weal, it weelly talks." She even had the head motion you know the side to side wiggle telling me how it is, heh.

8 comments:

Christy said...

So funny!!! I love the things that come out of her mouth. Too bad about the concert but maybe you could do the Hannah Montana concert thing-- if you can stomach it:)

Christy :)

laurel said...

NIce blog! Love the pictures. She looks so cute with that very BIG bear.

amy said...

oh she is a fun girl!

The Byrd's Nest said...

She says the funniest things...I just love Glenys!

She does so well with her dot to dot on the pictures below. Lottie can just now do some mazes. She is apparently left handed and she struggles so much with how to hold the crayon/pencil and I can't help her because I am right handed. I need to start watching strangers write and find me a left handed friend!

juls said...

I love the bear rolling with her. I am sure she loved it. At least she learned a new vocabulary word from it.

Vivian M said...

I am so glad Kerri has not started with the "so and so has one of these and I want one too" comments!
Sorry you were disappointed about the jazz concert.

AZMom said...

I love the stuff that comes out of your daughter's mouth :-) She is too stinkin cute! Sorry your concert was a bust!

mommy24treasures said...

I always love hearing what is on Ms Glenys's little mind;)