Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Last Night

G comes up to me and says, "Yook, dis hair just fell off my head."

It was a small clump of hair about an inch or so long, looked perfectly snipped by her scissors. So I said, "Oh well it looks like it was cut."

She said, "Well, I didn't do it."

I said, "Then who did it?"

She said, "Nobody. It did it byself."

I said, "G, scissors don't just cut themselves."

She said, "Well, den blankie did it."

After a few tears she admitted that she cut her hair. Thankfully it wasn't much although if it had been I could have gotten her hair truly cut. Then she asked me not to tell grammie so I am not going to do that. Instead if grammie happens to read this then she will know. I am fairly certain she doesn't so she won't know, heh.


Oh and G is a bit put out with me because I dropped her off at school instead of taking her to my party because Grammie told her I was having a party. Actually Grammie told her I was having a birthday but to a 4 year old a birthday and a party are all one in the same. Happy Party To Me!

17 comments:

amy said...

I hope to see you and your sweet one and friends in NOvember! SHe is just precious

Donna said...

Happy Birthday. Somehow neither of my girls cut their hair but I know lots of kids who did it to themselves or to a sibling.

Ellie Monster said...

Happy Birthday! Is it today?
My sister, the ragamuffin child, cut her hair with pride when she was little. I think it's just sheer (get it, sheer/shear... ok, bad pun) curiosity.

Briana's Mom said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Happy Party Bev!!!!!!

So thankful blankie wasn't the one who cut her hair! LOL

Vivian M said...

Happy Birthday Beverly!!!!
What, the dog, cat or monsters were not responsible? They always are blamed in our house. Come to think of it, when I was growing up, my sisters and I always blamed Not Me and I Don't Know for everything!

Super Mommy said...

I think cutting your own hair is a right of passage or something for little girls! Jade has cut hers twice AND she cut Jasmine's too! All the scissors are put up out of reach - hopefully it isn't that noticeable.

Monica said...

You are SO LUCKY that she only cut a little bit of her hair. My oldest cut her hair FOUR DIFFERENT times over a three year period...usually preferring to give herself a MOHAWK. Believe me, there are some self-styled haircuts that CAN'T be disguised or helped by a professional after the fact!

Monica said...

P.S. (Happy B-Day!!!)

Jennifer said...

Hope you have/had a great birthday! Nataly was the same way about my birthday- kept asking me when my party was going to be, about balloons, cake, etc - especially since we just celebrated hers. Kids - too funny!! :-)

Jennifer

Craig and Cindy said...

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. Unfortunately, I don't have time to carry on with two blogs. Just sorting some things out...

Take care,

Cindy

Kiayaphd said...

Is it birthday time ALREADY??!! Happy Birthday, hope you have an awesome day!!

We went through the hair cutting thing too. I have no idea what it's about but there were two or three incidents before we finally put the scissors down. Whew! Thank Goodness!

Enjoy your day!

laurel said...

Happy b-day. And that is crazy that Maylin and Glenys cut their hair the same day. I think that there must be something in the air...too many little ones have cut their own hair in the last few days.

The Princess's Mommy said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day...even if you don't get a party!

Love,
Monica

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday! Cute story about the haircut. My girls would have probably blamed each other or their imaginary friend:) I like the blaming the blankie touch:)
Mel

AZMom said...

I love how you write just like she talks.

Happy birthday! My son always asks on our birthday where the party is and how come we don't have CAKE! LOL

Dawn said...

Happy Birthday Beverly!! :)

I've caught Courtney a couple of times with her kiddie scissors trying to cut her hair. Luckily the blades are too dull to do any damage!