Friday, September 12, 2008

So Many Things To Tell

But so forgotten when logging into the computer.

I have these great blog posts while driving in my car but as soon as I am some where to relieve my mind of them I forget.

Quick G Dream: "Mama, you know what I dweemed? I dweemed I met cay-ur bay-urs (care bears) and dey came to my house to watch derh movie. Dey said dey wiked derh movie too."

G Conversation: set up-G watching TV and swinging something not so soft in her hands.  Me: "G, quit swinging that. If you let it loose it could hit the TV and break it."

G (not missing a beat): "And da wickie-witch will come out?"

On Packages: I have totally spoiled G this summer by participating in the very fun summer pals dealio. She loves getting mail particularly if it is a gift or homemade card (drawn on). So yesterday we get home and find a package. It was printer tape for my mom though we didn't know that exactly. G was beside herself to open that package. So we took it to my mom's and G begged to get to open it and the first thing she said, "Get the cambra." (camera to video her opening the 'present'). Poor baby was a wee bit disappointed.

Heard from the back seat while driving: "Mom, mom, I gotta boogur."
Sadly I and my mom have taught her how to pick her nose because her snot gets so thick it clumps right inside her nostrils where she can't breathe.

So we have constantly wiped her nose or suctioned it or whatever so now she gets tired of not breathing too and just gets 'em out herself. I have tried to tell her to wait to get a kleenex and go to the bathroom to do it. Blowing sometimes just doesn't work and neither does suction all the time.

And to a 4 year old the question, "Who tooted?" is the funniest thing in the world, ever!! Especially if said 4 year old is the culprit.


And last just because I want to remember it, my paternal grandmother (whom we called Ma-maw) used to refer to the folding of clothes as "Doublin' 'em up" or "Doublin' up clothes." She passed on my birthday weekend in 2004. Her house (after dad fixed it up) is where G and I are currently living. The plan was to sell mine in town and by hers but best laid plans of mice and men or something like that.

6 comments:

Vivian M said...

I think you need a pad to jot things down, or a recorder!
I love the things that come out of our kids' mouths. Seeing the world through my daughter's eyes reminds me to stop being a busy grown up and live the moment!

Briana's Mom said...

Glenys is a hoot! She has some very funny comebacks!

Michelle said...

I love hearing the cute, out-of-the- mouth-of- babes stories!!! They always make me laugh!

Have a great week-end!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Tooting is always funny! I teach first and second grade Sunday school and the little boys in there seem to have no control over their bodily sounds! Sigh!

Heather said...

I think about many things to write too, but not knowing how to post the accompanying pictures has made me put them on hold and then I forget them totally. Sigh. Now that I know how to post 4 pictures at a time, maybe the forgetting happen less frequently.

I just wish I remembered more of the things he says that make us look at each other and try very hard to not burst out laughing. You do a good job at that.

Kristy said...

I love these stories, they are priceless so keep writing them down for us ok. If you have time hop over to my blog so you can read about my big news!! I am so excited!
Love and blessings, Kristy