Sunday, September 14, 2008

What Are You Doing Today?

I am playing the ladybug game with my dear daughter. She has already beaten me once and will probably win again. She has a knack of winning. We are watching Beauty and the Beast and I am counting down until naptime.

Saturday we both got up at 8:30am, had breakfast, I brushed my teeth and went back to bed. I slept off and on until noon. G was pitiful but I was not feeling well. It was either pure exhaustion or that ear dealio. Though it isn't hurting it is still full of drainage. After getting up at noon, fixing lunch and finishing a movie, we headed back to a nap and slept until 5pm.

Then we got up, got dressed (yes for the first time in the day) and went to the blue slides. I forgot my camera though so no pics of the playing. We are getting some of the wind from Ike believe it or not. I am thinking some rain should be on its way too but we haven't seen that yet.

Sadly because of the way the paydays are falling I don't have any extra money to mow the yard. Yep, mow the yard, no gas. With the pipe lines being shut off the price is sky high and I am just going to wait it out. It is one thing to scrounge up $3 for a gallon of gas but $5 is too much to mow the yard! I borrowed my neighbor's last time, can't do that twice. I did offer to buy it but he said, "No."

Since I slept most of the day yesterday I am attempting to catch up on laundry today, yuck. At church I ran into a classmate who said we are indeed having our 20 year high school reunion on Oct something or other because I am really not interested in going to see those people, not really. And said something about $25 per person for the two day event. I hope or think part of that pays the way to the homecoming game, but I don't wish to do that either! I didn't enjoy it when I was in high school, why would I now? I don't know anyone playing. And why couldn't this reunion have come when I was at my financial highest and lowest weight? Harrumph!

G is now playing Candy Land by herself and of course she won both games!!


6 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

I hate doing laundry too. Ick.

Briana doesn't allow me to actually rest during the day. Gosh I miss it. I am sure that will change when she gets older. She is not good at playing by herself either. Sigh...

fricke92 said...

LOL...you have a point on the reunions! And we are feeling that gas thing as well (and we have 2 acres to mow!). It's expensive having a yard these days!

Christy said...

Isnt it always that way-- the times you see people you use to know you are not at your best. I always am in a chubby phase with no makeup and looking frumpy. Dont you wish you could plan the reuinions.

Sorry you are still not feeling well but hopefully the ear thing will pass soon. That sucks!!!

Christy :)

Heather said...

I wish we could send some of our rain your way. Acer's little life raft in the pool has filled up with so much rain that it's starting to ride lower in the water.
Hope your ear gets clear soon.
Heather BT

Vivian M said...

I hope you both feel better soon! We are getting tropical storm Ike tonight and tomorrw, ugh. And gas prices here have skyrocketed, way before Ike ever even hit land in the US.
Hopefully, this too shall pass!

laurel said...

Hope you start feeling better soon. I think it is terrible how high gas prices are. It kills people to mow their yards.