Sunday, October 19, 2008

FCC Harvest Moon

Yes it was a month late but it actually ended up being for the best. The place where we have it every year is owned by two or three families so the times must be scheduled. It was cool and very right for the two very large bonfires they had. There were carriage rides and hayrides. Lanterns were painted with enthusiasm. Food was scarfed down. Conversations were had and babies were held (By me). I snuggled two of my favorite babies and met many new-ish FCC families. G was off riding the carriage by her self and the hay rides (3 times without me). She had the best time.

At one point she wanted to go see the horses but I had to go use the facilities so I asked her to take Shay, who graciously accepted the invitation to go with us. So they headed out. They stayed gone a long time so I made the rounds myself speaking to those families who I only see at this event. Finally I decided to go look for them and found them petting a donkey, Leo, who has a horse friend named Chicken.



Painting her lantern, riding the first of the carriage rides without mom. Petting Leo with an "older sister." Riding the second carriage ride without mom.


Showing off her lantern as we strolled down to the fires. Declaring this the best fun riding on the hay ride.





Posing on the pumpkins. She of course was so tired and did melt down after our shower which she demanded we take. She sneezed her head off in the shower though I guess cleaning out the hay dust. She fell asleep on me at 10:30pm.

13 comments:

Regina said...

Oh, it looks like you had such a fun time!!! I wish we could have been there.
Blessings,
Regina

Michelle said...

Glenys looks like she had a GREAT time!! How brave of her to ride without you!

Monica said...

Looks like it was a really fun event...especially with the likes of Leo and Chicken around!!!

Briana's Mom said...

No wonder she was worn out! Look at all the fun!!!

Vivian M said...

Awww, what a wonderful day for Glenys! Thanks for sharing that cute girl with us (it's a welcome break from all the politics) ;oP

Sharon said...

Beverly, those are adorable shots of your adorable bundle of daughter having such a great time it looks like!! She looks like she really loves crafts. I wonder where I can find a harvest moon festival!?!

Christy said...

First off, miss you!! Ive been so busy and out of town so Im just finally getting back into reading blogs-- missed yours.

Those are awesome pictures andGlenys looks so proud to be riding the carriage by herself-- too cute!! She also looks so proud of the lantern-- what a totally fun day and night.

Christy :)

Donna said...

I love Glenys' total concentration on decorating her lantern. What a fund day.

Dawn said...

What wonderful pics of Glenys! Looks like she had a fabulous time at the Harvest Moon Fest!

laurel said...

HOw fun! We still haven;'t celebrated yet. Looks like you had a great time.

AZMom said...

We have painted those very same lanterns :-) What a fun night!

Ashley Winters said...

Great photos! Fall is a fabulous time of year.

Super Mommy said...

Wow - sounds like a fantastic time. I love her lantern - it is pretty. We have yet to do anything for Harvest Moon - but would love to!