Wednesday, October 01, 2008

No, Laryn, If That Is Your Real Name,

I do allow comments that disagree with my political view. Actually, I allow all kinds of dissenters if they are respectful. If I know you personally I might even allow you to comment and be on the not so respectful side of my rules.

However, I will not allow anonymous comments that call me with a moron. I don't allow anonymous comments that beg me not to vote because the anon. commenter feels I am too stupid to do so. And I don't allow comments with masked names who continue to be disrespectful.

But what I will do is copy your latest comment right here and make fun of you, you so called "open-minded-equality-believing-libtard".

"Laryn has left a new comment on your post "Thank You Secret Blogging Buddy":

"So you only allow the comments of those who agree with you politically? Fascinating! It's no wonder there are only two. No one in their right mind would vote for McCain and that dumb baby machine running mate of his."

Now see how ugly this comment is. Referring to Palin as a "dumb baby machine"? So what exactly do you not like about Palin? That she decided to choose life for all of her children? Or maybe it is that she is a woman who actually was able to have it all: Husband, Home, Children, Career? With an argument like this I can't imagine WHY anyone would not choose to vote with you. I agree with you, some people are too stupid to vote! I just don't agree with you on who those people are!

I don't know who the FECK you are, nor do I really care. But I will tell you that calling people names is not the way to get them to change their voting practices. Laryn, if that is what your name really is, I could waste my time finding out from where you are posting, but I would rather just reject your comments and call you out right here.

You make me think you are a wee bit afraid that NOBAMA might actually LOSE this election if you feel the need to BEG people not to vote. Bring it on, Baby! I assure you I will be thinking of you as I cast my vote. And where we are, there are no hanging chads.

Hmmm, I just had a thought, maybe you are foreign and have no rights to vote. COOL BEANS! That makes going to the polls even better!

And I wasn't even going to post tonight.

4 comments:

Ellie Monster said...

Easy on the "hanging chad" talk. Some of us were in Tallahassee during the "hanging chad" frenzy of trials and media craziness. Some of us have some bad memories of that time eight years ago when (semi)educated, (mostly)grown adults, spent eight-hours a day deciding if paper was hanging, dimpled, or pregnant. Some of us can't even talk to people named "Chad" without going a little postal. Not me... I'm just saying some of us.

Mom To Six said...

You go girl!!! I thank God every day for the women that are "baby making machines"...and if you wanna hurl names, how about the ones that murder their babies?

Whew...Ok. I feel better.

The truth always wins. I will also be thinking about the many Laryns out there as I cast my vote for the McCain/Palin ticket!

Ohilda

Debby said...

I just might call you a pitbull with lipstick! :>)

Love reading your blog. Found you on To Mia With Love.

No, No, NOBama!

Vivian M said...

Bev, I am sorry people are being rude and disrespectful. You know me very well, and know I do not agree with you politically or on some other subjects. But that is not a reason for anyone to belittle someone or take to name calling. Everyone has a right to choose and have their own opinions, even voice them - as long as they are respectful of the other side too. Freedom works both ways, it is not one sided nor limited to the person who thinks they are "right" and you are "wrong". This is your blog and you have the right to say what you want.
I appreciate that we can agree to disagree on different things and never lose respect for each other. And I am glad to call you friend.