Saturday, October 11, 2008

Yesterday At My Parents...

Does anyone recognize this? G is wrestling with Charlie McCarthy.

Once upon a time I was going to be a great ventriloquist. My parents gave me this for Christmas one year. Then like most everything I lost interest and he was stored away with other memories.

When I was in first or second grade my parents purchased some land and moved a trailer on it. Then they made plans to build a house. Six of us lived in a two bedroom trailer for 2 years? maybe? I don't remember. I remember at least one Christmas, one wintertime and summer in it. We moved from a 3 bedroom home so my parents purchased a school bus for storage.


Well after the house was built and we moved in my mom decided she didn't want all that "junk" in her new house so we kept the bus for storage for almost 30 years.

My parents are now retired and took the time to clean off the bus finding all sorts of treasures mostly of mine. They found some old pics, my band jacket, cheerleader uniforms, stuffed dolls and this Charlie McCarthy.



While my mom held the doll G would run up to it and say, "Smell your stinky feet, Mr. Man." Then run away. She said, "That's not a weal doll." She was pretty funny with it; I wished I had my video camera instead.

She did not want "Mr. Man" to come home with us but my parents were tired of keeping him so home he came.

3 comments:

amy said...

she is precious and I love the blog!

Briana's Mom said...

Wow! You had a Charlie McCarthy doll? I haven't seen one of those in forever!

Vivian M said...

Wow your treasures are probably worth a bundle today!
What a neat idea to use a bus for storage, I never would have thought of that. On the other hand, the Mama Mobile looks like a moving van on certain days!