Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Conversations with G

Last night while I am desperately trying to fall asleep with a heavy heart and mind G said, "Mama, yets talk about when I was in China." I said, "Okay, what about when you were in China."

She said, "Yets talk about when I was in my birfmommy's tummy."
Me: "Okay, I don't know much about it as I wasn't there, but she carried you and then gave birth to you. Someone kept you..."
G: "Dat powiceman?"
Me: "I don't know but then someone took you to the police man."
G: "Mama, did dat powice man wike me?"
Me: "Um, yeah I guess he did. Who wouldn't like you? He probably felt sorry for you because you probably cried."
G: "Why?"
Me: "No body likes a crying baby because they feel so sorry for them and want to take care of them to make them stop crying." (Now understand I was tired and what I was trying to say was that no body likes a baby to cry because, yada yada.) G. understood.
G: "Den he gave me to my fosturh mommy?"
Me: "Well he took you to the orphanage and they gave you to your foster mommy. Now go to sleep."

11 comments:

Vivian M said...

Is this the first time she talks or asks about this? She seemed to be OK with the conversation. Funny how they always wait until the last minute (right before falling asleep) to ask the most deep questions!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Why do these conversations come up when our minds are so heavy with something else? I think partly it is a blessing....a tug to pull us back into our own little world with our family which is what matters the most. God bless little Glenys.

Christy said...

Awesome!!! I love the things that come out of her mouth. Too cute. I love that she is tihnking things through so deeply.

I too went to bed with a heavey heart-- feel a bit better today-- especially since Prop 8 is still winning-- thank GOD!!!!

Christy :)

AZMom said...

That is absolutely sweet :-)

mommy24treasures said...

oh their little minds are often on these things I think...

Super Mommy said...

I love the Glenys "speak"! Very smart girl - glad you are having frank conversations with her. Before I adopted I never realized how important those stories my mom told me really were. My girls love hearing about when they were a baby!

Marla said...

What a sweet conversation. I love these at the end of a long day, kinda makes everything else seem small.

Monica said...

It's so sweet that she likes to recount her story!

Donna said...

My oldest daughter always saves the big conversations for bedtime. I think it's when she feels most secure: when it's just her and me in a safe environment.

Sandee said...

Hi...I saw your comment on my blog. We have a lot in common. I am a single momma, adopted from China two years ago, and am currently adopting another daughter from Ethiopia....

God is good!

No plan of His can be thwarted, through any administration.

Blessings.

Doug and Terrye said...

Oh that sweet baby!! I love her, and I've never met her face to face :)

Terrye in FL