Friday, November 21, 2008

Grandfather Genes

G is so much like her grandfather (my dad). She is spacial. She has always understood where she is in relation to things. She never bumps her head when she crawls under something and didn't even as an 18month old. She seems to understand about her relationship to objects. Unlike me she doesn't run into walls unless she had spun around and gotten dizzy, but doesn't that happen when you spin round and round? She doesn't normally just fall walking normally (hasn't everyone or is that just me?) She would not be considered a klutzy kid.

Of course her grandad is very spacial too. He can pack a car with suitcases and not waste space, making room for everything. It truly is a feat to behold esp growing up because there were 4 kids and two adults in the family to go on family trips etc. It must have something to do with the ability to do puzzles, and they both can do puzzles very well.

Last night G packed her suitcase to spend the night with her grandparents (tonight) and I took pics of her packing her suitcase. She would look up after placing something just so and say, "Didn't I have a good idea?"




































And yes the bears go every trip to the grandparent's house. Then they stay in the suitcase until the next trip!! These bears are always ready to go on a trip.



13 comments:

Everyday Mom Designs said...

What a great packer! She is very talented. My daughter is not at all spacial.. I don't know how many times she has bumped her head or fallen.. even after mastering things, she still does it.. but so do I.. haha

Heather said...

I love that you have a very spatial and special daughter, You and I must be related however as I run into things and people all the time!
Heather BT

Susan said...

Wow, she's good. I could have used her help last week when we had an unexpected trip out of town.

Marla said...

To cute, she thougtht of everything. Maybe I should send my peanuts to their grandparents. :o)

Ellie Monster said...

Very impressive for 4! I do the same thing - when packing a car/suitcase/box, I don't like there to be a breath of space leftover. It's kind of like the game Tetris.

Vivian M said...

Wow she is a great packer! Can I borrow her for our Florida trip?

Susan said...

Her packing skills are very impressive! I also grew up in a family of four kids and two parents, and my dad was the king of packing anything. I'm pretty good, but I've never reached the level of my dad. Heck, I don't think I reached Glenys' level! What a cutie.

Super Mommy said...

Neat-o!! I love to see little ones display their mastery of things!

laurel said...

She is so cute! I love it too when my kids show a resemblance to a loved family member.

Livin' out loud said...

WOW so neat and tidy!! She can pack our bags anytime!!
Hugs
Susan

Anonymous said...

That final picture of the bears, all neatly arranged, is hilarious.

Couchkat said...

Wow, that is pretty amazing. WTG Glenys! Wish I had that talent - um no. BTW, I'm also the kind that constantly bumps into things. Gotta say both of my girls are about as gracious as their mama, genes or not!

Kim said...

She's a girl after my own heart, I love care bears!