Saturday, November 01, 2008

Stick a Fork In Me I Am Done!!

I just want to go to bed, pull the covers over my head and sleep for the next year. My renter is breaking contract 6 months early. Great. Can you say financial strain? I was already in it but now it is twice as bad. Can someone tell me how to make $750 extra every month? Did I tell you third thing is also struggling and I am not feeling confident that I may be fired? They are working on the standard operating procedures for my job which by the way is not difficult but is tedious. I personally like it and could probably get it all done in half the time, shhhh don't tell anybody, but I like a full paycheck so I stay everyday.

Now lately due to change in weather and what not (depression, feeling overwhelmed hormones? I have not a clue) I haven't actually been the model employee as far as getting to work on time but I have also brought my lunch everyday and worked through lunch not leaving the building unless asked by my boss to go get him a *bucks. So I do justify my lateness and yes it is still wrong but I was also told in the beginning I could get there by 9am. So I am thinking I am doing okay so far. But that was before they fired both bosses and several other people!!

I already pegged Christmas as going to be sparse, ie, Santa may not stop by and if he does it will be with one puzzle, one bead melty thing that I don't know the name of but she likes, one bead jewelry kit (that I had bday plans for) and two shaving creams. Sorry G, Santa visits parents who can pay. Thankfully she is really not a "I want I want" kid. Although she did ask for several different bounce houses for her birthday even though she has one. Go figure. She said we need one for baby sister (which now is just a distant dream) because she might get too "wired in mine."

And to top this crappy day off I have a mosquito bite on my thumb's knuckle. That is such a painful itch. When are the mosquitoes gonna die? Come on winter. I have realized something about me this fall. I don't have a favorite season. I like the actual time of changing of the seasons. When I am in the center of the season I don't really like it much. For as much as I dislike change, I like the changing of the seasons. I wouldn't do well in a season-less climate.


12 comments:

Vivian M said...

Bev, I am so sorry you are going through this. I hope you find another renter very soon, and that your job is secure. And I hope you are taking care of yourself. I am sending you huge hugs, and we will make sure Glenys gets some holiday gifts (send us an email with some ideas of what she would like - unfortunately bounce houses are out of our range and too expensive to ship!).
And like everything else, this too shall pass. Breathe, cry, vent, do whatever you need to do to feel better and then get up and get back to being yourself! Glenys needs you.

Couchkat said...

Sorry you're having such a hard time! I hope your day gets better.

Jill said...

Beverly- I am so sorry you are having a hard time. I will make sure to say an extra prayer for you and Glenys this next few days.
Hugs-Jill

Lauri said...

Hang in there.. hope your feeling better soon

Dawn said...

I'm sorry that the days have been so dark for you lately. Sending hugs and wishes for better days to come, to you.

~Dawn

Everyday Mom Designs said...

I found you through the topmomma site, and I find your blog interesting. I hope you don't mind, but I will follow your blog. :)

I'm sorry about the renter. That must really suck. Just keep in mind that this too shall pass... I know it is hard to think way, but that's what I'm having to tell myself now too.

Oh, and I too, love the changing of the seasons. When it comes to other things, I usually hate change. haha.

Keep your head up.

Everyday Mom Designs said...

Thank you and no problem! :)

Everyday Mom Designs said...

Thanks and no problem. :)

Super Mommy said...

Awww - when it rains it pours. So sorry to hear about your renter and possibly losing your job - both suck and the timing is just awful the way the economy is. I will keep you and Glenys in my prayers.

PS - I did tag you the other day . . .if you don't wanna play, I understand.

Sharon said...

Awww Bev. I'm so sorry. Somehow it will all work out no matter what. You need a good night sleep and i am so glad you have your paretns there to help.!! Read down and i love all the catching up on politics i got thank you!! Loved G 's halloween, lots o loot!

I send big hugs to you sweetheart. Be gentle with yourself, some thing has got to give soon. I wish I could take it all away!

Eliza2006 said...

It's true, when it rains it pours. Things will lighten up eventually. Hang in there.

Tiffany

AZMom said...

I am sorry you are going through all of the cr@p. I hope things improve and you don't end up losing your job. My hubby is waiting to hear if he survived the layoffs or not so I understand the stress. Big hugs.