Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Update on the Molluscum




Took G to the doc yesterday because, well, she wasn't technically supposed to be in daycare without a note from the doc and because she was up from 2a.m. Monday morning crying in pain and itching. So the doc doesn't think all of the bumps are molluscum though if you compared the pics to her legs it does look like molluscum. He thinks she has had an allergic reaction to something but who knows what. He said m.c. doesn't spread as fast as her bumbs did and that her skin is also reacting to the zymaderm around the mc bumps. So I am staying off the zymaderm until the body wash gets here. He gave us an Rx for a very strong antihisitmine that causes G to be the devil and an Rx for cortisone cream.

He said if things haven't cleared up before Thanksgiving he would send us to a dermatologist. Okay so that is a bit more than a week. He asked me to keep my mind open to other possibilities. I took pics of her bumps last night but forgot to bring them to work to post them. I will try to post them tonight or tomorrow. These pics are just for free, heh.

Last night she did sleep okay and didn't itch. She still tells me that the lotion burns and tells me to blow on the spots like the back of her neck which I did and she did too. I said, "Where are you blowing?" She said, "my neck." Then I was blowing on her arm and she started blowing in my face, Ugh. Sometimes she isn't the help she thinks she is.


12 comments:

Monica said...

You haven't changed laundry detergents or anything like that lately, have you? (Just trying to think what might be setting it off it is an allergic reaction.)

I sure hope she is on the mend before Thanksgiving and won't have to go on to a dermatologist.

mommy24treasures said...

oh those things are so hard to figure out sometimes.. I pray you find the answer quick. SO sorry she has been itchy.

Donna said...

Emma gets these viral rashes on occasion and they can take months to get rid of. Hope little Glenys is feeling better soon!

Ellie Monster said...

Poor little munchkin. I hope these clear up, and soon!

Vivian M said...

Well I would prefer an allergy to the MC. I hope your doctor is right.
And the pictures are adorable, her hair is getting so long too!

Sharon said...

Oh, poor little thing!! Britton had something like that in 3rd grade as did half her class but it didn't itch so i don't know. Keep us informed how it goes!!!!

amy said...

hope you figure it out soon. she is so pretty

AZMom said...

Oh poor baby! I hope you figure it out and soon!

Everyday Mom Designs said...

poor girl.. I hope everything gets worked out soon. It must be so hard. Any child in any discomfort pulls at your heart. I'm thinking of you.

cheepette8 said...

Poor thing. I hope it goes away soon.

Don and Denise Sullivan said...

Ahhh..poor kid. I hate being itchy! Hopefully you will find out soon what it is and how to cure it. I used to get hives as a kid for no apparent reason. My skin would get hot and feverish and suddenly I'd have itchy welts everywhere. I had lots of baking soda baths in those days. Oh and Calamine lotion was my second best friend.

Jonni said...

Poor baby girl. I hope she feels better soon. It's so hard to see your baby sick. We are sending good wishes to G. :)

hugs,
Jonni