Thursday, November 13, 2008

What Was Significant to G So Far This Year

In September we received from daycare a "getting ready for kindergarten" calendar of family activities. Basically it tells parents how far their kids are or need to go to be ready for kindergarten. GAH! That is next fall. GAH! Where did the time go?

Anyway, on the back page is a place to write down Memories of Our Year. So here are G's memories up to that point (that point that we took the time to write them down). Now I don't have a scanner and it is written in pencil so I doubt it would show up anyway, but I spelled the words she told me to spell and she wrote them down.

blue slide
zoom (I am assuming this is zoo)
museum
beach
birthday picnic
swim lessons (my prompting)
gotcha day
paint (just generally she likes to paint)

At the end of the year I am going to ask her again and see what she adds. Oh and about Halloween next year she is asking to be a pirate. But when she found out boots would be involved she backed down on that. She wants to be a pirate without a hat, eye patch or boots.



4 comments:

Vivian M said...

Wow what a list! I like this idea, it will be fun for her to look back and see what was important to her "way back when".

Super Mommy said...

Yeah, Jasmine will be in Kindergarten next year too, *sniff* *sniff*. Love her list - I'm sure zoom meant zoo since ya'll go frequently and she seems to enjoy it!!

Lisa said...

I like Glenys' list...especially the zoom...we like to go to the zoom too. :) Hey, Beverly, if you have a Walmart nearby (who doesn't?), they just put their costumes at 90% and I got two pirate costumes for my girls for next year for $1.69 each. You might like to try it out! It came with pants, a scarf, a shirt, and fancy belt. YOu could also buy the "accessories" like eye patch/earrings/nasty bubba teeth for about 25 cents. At least for under two bucks, you could get the fancy belt and earring for your sweet girl. :)

The Byrd's Nest said...

She's so funny! Maybe a girl pirate could wear some sort of a peasant skirt and top? She's adorable and I really can't believe she will be in kindergarten next year!!!