Tuesday, December 23, 2008

If You Bought A Hannah Montana Mini Digital Camera

for your child, take it back. It is a waste of money. Friday, G's class had their Christmas party. Earlier before the teacher was let go she had directed the parents to send a gift for a child of the same gender to school. Then she sent a clarifying note home about the amount of the gift. Initially it was set at $10. The clarifying note said to spend at least $10 so as not to have a child feel left out.

Well, jokes on me and her, I sent a freebie book that may be more than $10 but I didn't pay that and G got the aforementioned camera. Problems all over for this camera that had a ticket price of $39.99. I kid you not.

So the first thing is there is no memory card. Second is it runs on one AAA battery. Third is the pictures disappear when the battery dies or is changed. Fourth is after downloading the software (required) the 18 pics G took yesterday morning were gone! Fifth is there is no display to see what pics you are or are not taking. USELESS!! But it has Hannah Montana's face on it and it is pink and little.

Truly a waste of a purchase. In the previous years they exchanged books. Books are so much better and last so much longer!! We always read books!! We love books or at least I do. G has a Fisher Price indestructable camera that takes crappy pics but at least I can see them!!

Oh well, we won't have to worry about this next year as she will be in public schools and Christmas parties are not allowed!

5 comments:

Super Mommy said...

Wow - sounds really crappy. We have a FP camera too - Jasmine loves it. Jasmine's class had a book exchange this year - I like those much better too!

kerri said...

Merry Christmas and all the best for 2009...

a little leprechaun said...

Good to know about the camera - my neice LOVES Hannah Montana.

Did the family drama all work out?

Please have a very Merry Christmas!! Hope everyone is feeling better!!

AZMom said...

Ya I bought a similar kind for Bug last year. Piece of junk. I am now planning to give her my old 3.2 cannon sure shot when I buy myself the 10.1 pixel Canon Rebel once we figure out where we are going to live. LOL

Merry Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

AZmom, that sounds like a good camera plan. I bought my daughter a Hello Kitty camera that sounds very similar to this Hannah Montana camera. We were able to download the pictures, but they are a blurry mess. But my own digital camera is not wonderful, in that it can take video snippets but only about 30 seconds at a time, then takes several minutes to process and save. I've been wanting a newer camera that can take lots of video, and I can justify it by giving the old camera to dear daughter!