Monday, December 08, 2008

In Need of a Huge Miracle!

G was sick Saturday, but that isn't the miracle. She was over it by the evening. She had some funky stomach thing and threw up. We were at my parents as she had stayed there overnight. I had to work at the old house (ours that is up for sale) all day Saturday and picked her up later. She didn't really look like she felt good but really couldn't pin point what hurt. We had dinner and shortly after she puked it all up. Mom and dad headed out to a play ("a date") at their church (after dad and mom, not me, cleaned all the puke up), but G and I stayed a bit longer to make sure we could drive the 15 mins home without incident, which we did.

She was able to keep everything down the next day so less than 24 hours later she was A-OK! We skipped church just to be safe because I didn't want her to get anyone else sick nor did I want her to be sick at church. We spent the rest of the afternoon at the grandparents so she could make up for lost time (the time she didn't feel good). She dearly loves her grammie and grandad and had to find out how the "date" went.

Now for the miracle: I am signed with a realtor for 6 months. More than likely the house is not going to sell or not going to close. It comes down to a second mortgage that (when I took it out I could totally afford to pay off but didn't, I know stoopiddo) hanging on like a, well, a bad debt. I am not in default (or anything) on it, but it adds 10,000 to the house (roughly, give or take) that even in a good economy chokes it but in this economy may totally kill it. I need a full priced offer and for it to close without any money owed by me at close or I need the 2nd mortgage changed to a personal loan that will still leave me the debt but without the house note I may be able to scratch that. Won't work, just got off the phone with the 2nd mtg holder.

Okay, so I need a full priced offer preferably to not come to the table with anything. Though if it is a full priced offer I can conceivably pay buyers closing costs, but we will see about that. A full price would be wonderful, or I could come down a bit but not paying buyers closing. I think my agents (husband and wife team) think I am unmotivated. Well, I am not unmotivated but there is little I can do without thousands of dollars and as far in debt as I am. Hard to be motivated to pay a second mothly gas heating bill when paying the main heating bill is difficult, ya' know?

While I was working at the house Sat., an agent and his clients showed up. No biggie to me. They "are approved for up to $200(implied)K." Oh, okay then why are they looking at this house??? Not even close in the price range. The realtor tried to discourage them even from looking at my house because it wasn't up to $200K. So you know that whole financial mess we are in where a bank says, "Yeah you can buy a house up to XXX,XXX" but that doesn't mean you can really afford XXX,XXX so don't get in over your head with too much loan, right?!

So I was thinking they would have money to play with if they bought my house and then the agent said, "They want two bathrooms." Ummm, 'kay, you could have saved their time and yours just by reading the description in the MLS--1 bathroom- HELLOOO, YOOHOO, 1 bathroom!

Anyway, so I am sure that is the biggest complaint only one bathroom, cause it is move in ready. For G and me and for me before G one bathroom was all I wanted to clean, heh. Now I have two bathrooms in current home, but we only use one mainly. The other is for emergency and "guests" like my mom, tee hee. Oh and so nobody thinks anything bad, the home we are in is owned by my parents and they are graciously letting us live there rent free for now.

Okay so I raked the leaves at the house in the front yard only. I bagged 27 bags of leaves. The neighbors next to me had their yard blown for leaves and bagged only 5 bags. Did you get that? 27 is WAY bigger than 5. You know the alligator ">" eats the biggest number and my 27 bags would be gone. By the way the front yards are very small. I have one small tree in my front yard and the majority of leaves blow in from across the street, no joke. So the duffesses in the house next to me blew all their leaves in my yard, OH YES THEY DID!! I was sorely tempted to rake them back but tit for tat does no good really. And it was so obvious they did it too. Makes me ill. They would never have done that had someone been actively living in the house, at least I hope they wouldn't.

So here is to the season of miracles and let us hope to score one this year!

On a brighter note, you know the renter's paid to have $1200 worth of landscaping done to the yard, I mentioned it this summer. The landscaper put in rocks (I am sure the majority of the money) and summer specific plants. The renters being young and dumb had no clue what to do with them all and let the majority of them die. I have now inherited black elephant ear bulbs because they are supposed to be dug up every year and potentially some hydrangea bushes that may or may not be salvaged as well as decorative grass. So thanks, renters. And I think I know who the landscaper is by his work which if you are good I will tell you the story of the "yard man", just remind me.

13 comments:

Vivian M said...

I will pray your miracle happens. Best of luck! And I know all about bad neighbors, oy!

Everyday Mom Designs said...

Good luck hun!

AZMom said...

I hope you get your full price offer and soon!! I will need the sale fairy when you are done with her if any of hubby's jobs come through (none are here). So tell her to pay you well and then speed to my house! LOL

mommy24treasures said...

I pray you receive your miracle too. It can happen!!!!!

Briana's Mom said...

Gosh I hope you get your miracle!

cheepette8 said...

I hope you get your miracle. Add my prayer to the list.

The Princess's Mommy said...

Praying for your miracle, too!

Love,
Monica

Donna said...

Fingers crossed that someone will buy your place!

Kristy said...

Best wishes for your miracle and I will keep praying!!

Love, Kristy

Ellie Monster said...

I'm thinking thoughts of SALE for you!!! Miracles do happen!!

As far as the leaves, you are better than I am. I would have raked them, bagged them, put the bags on the property line, and sliced holes in said bags. It's not your fault that all the leaves spilled out on their lawn when the garbage peeps came. :)

Sharon said...

I am praying for that miracle!! You deserve one!! No matter waht , it will all be okay in the end. Just remember! I am so glad you ahve a family that takes care of you!!! Kiss G for me, and tell her how happy we are that she feels better!! I really hope you can find a peaceful place within for Christmas!! You can only do your best then let it go, its out of your control.

Super Mommy said...

Miracles do happen . . .

Vicki said...

Thinking of you as you work toward the house situation. I cannot imagine that many bags of leaves. Oh my.
I guess this is why the Bible has SO much to say about 'neighbors'. Once mine cleaned up their backyard and dumped everything behind my fence on my property. I forgave. It really happened in between times when I was moving in. Guess they thought it was an easy way to rid themselves of garbage. Gotta walk in love. I know.