Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Oh I Totally See How This Works

I often feel like bashing my head in when G is on her song kick. Barney can make a grown woman cry. They need to add the show Caillou to the list because that doesn't take much at all for me to want to stick hot pokers in my eyes! Caillou on running thread over and over, yep you would get all kinds of useful information from the babbling crazed detainees!!


"U.S. military interrogators have often blasted music at detainees in Iraq, Afghanistan and Guantanamo Bay. According to the British law group Reprieve, these are among the songs they have used most frequently:

• "Enter Sandman," Metallica.
• "Bodies," Drowning Pool.
• "Shoot to Thrill," AC/DC.
• "Hell's Bells," AC/DC.
"I Love You," from the "Barney and Friends" children's TV show.
• "Born in the USA," Bruce Springsteen.
• "Babylon," David Gray.
• "White America," Eminem.
"Sesame Street," theme song from the children's TV show.

"Other bands and artists whose music has been frequently played at U.S. detention sites: Aerosmith, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Don McLean, Lil' Kim, Limp Bizkit, Meat Loaf, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Tupac Shakur."


4 comments:

Doré said...

I know what you mean about this songs! Around here it is Dora and Diego and Blue! They were cute and fun at first, but now... not to much.

I'm visiting from sits this morning.

Vivian M said...

I totally get the Barney thing.

By the way:
You've been tagged! Check out my blog for details. It's silly, but fun!

Donna said...

LOL. We're past that stage but the cringe-inducing songs came back to me instsantly when I read your post.

Ellie Monster said...

I thought the US was against "cruel and unusual punishment."