Friday, December 19, 2008

Some of My Brightest Ideas










So since the gingerbread house kits were gone I thought I would get a gingerbread cake/cookie mix and then cut out shapes then decorate. So I got everything I thought except I ended up not having all purpose flour, just self rising (I don't keep stuff around to bake/cook with), I didn't get the decorating tips for the bags of icing, and the mix wasn't exactly conducive (or rather I didn't know how to MAKE it conducive to cookie cutters).

We did have "ape urhns" that we were supposed to wear. G wore hers and I forgot to put mine on. The memories, they were made. The pictures, they were taken. The mess? Oh yeah, will take years to find all the sprinkles the flew everywhere. Maybe the dog will find them first.


But G had fun making a gloriously colorful mess. She even ate one of the cookies after she decorated it. Now the rest are not edible by anyone but her since she licked her fingers after each cookie, heh. Good thing we weren't making them to give away. She used a whole 4 oz of sprinkles on the cookies. Gotta love the sugar!!
Of course now that she is bouncing off the walls and not minding and being defiant and about to be in big time trouble, I am thinking that eating a cookie this late was a really bad idea!!

6 comments:

Everyday Mom Designs said...

haha, gotta love sprinkles!

Super Mommy said...

Those are beautiful - and look delicious. G looks like a pro - bake often??

I bet your dog will find every last one of those spinkles, I know mine would!!

Go on Bev - have one . . . .

fricke92 said...

Wow...those are some colorful cookies! Looks like fun!

Lauri said...

She will have Great memories

Vivian M said...

G makes the prettiest cookies, love all the sprinkles! And don't worry, the dog will find them, we call our pooch the "vacuum cleaner"!

Donna said...

G did a terrific job; very festive. I may have to opt for cookies rather than the g-bread house next year; our cat can't seem to get enough of the candy.