Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sometimes I Am Left Befuddled and Confused

After a conversation with G. Take this morning for example. I was explaining to G how we had been honored to be asked to light the advent candle for the 3pm service at our church on Christmas Eve. She told me that she didn't know how to light a candle, and I told her I will show her and help her to light it.

Then she said, "How come those other sisters are always asked and not us?"

I said, "What sisters?"

She said, a bit frustrated, "Maaaahh-uum, you know!"

I said (totally not knowing), "Oh THOSE sisters."

She said, "Yeah"

I still am not certain to what 'sisters' she was referring but sometimes I find it easier to just go along and ride it out or face certain G-wrath. There is not a time late enough in the day to experience that.

2 comments:

Mom To Six said...

I've done the same thing! It's best sometimes to pick your battles.

Very cute!

Vivian M said...

I wonder what she is referring to? Maybe a past event where candles were lit?