Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tuesday-The New Monday

So yesterday morning I got up around the time the alarm with off. My head was sort of fuzzy so after letting the dog out and back in and doing my morning oblations I headed back to bed for just a minute or two, 2 hours later, G started stirring and woke me up. So I had all of 9 minutes to get us fed, clothed and to school and work by 8am. Seeing that was probably not gonna happen I texted in and said I was sick but I would come in if they absolutely needed me, which I knew they wouldn't. So G and I took a day off.

We put the Christmas tree up and swept the floors. We attempted to corral all of her toys in one area of the house and then headed to Wally's World for what I thought would be a fun treat. Sadly, they were out of the fun treats though I did manage to get 5 of her daycare teachers (because I have no idea actually how many people keep her) gifts for less than (including wrapping) $5. YEAH!! Also picked up grandad's gift from G which we can all share and she and he can play with.

So what was the fun treats of which Wally's World was out, you ask? Just pretend you asked, 'mmkay? Was the Gingerbread House Kits. Yes I missed getting one. I was so jazzed about actually doing that with G but I didn't buy it when I saw it. Instead I waited and now it is too late, drat.

G went to bed angry at me last night for who knows or remembers what. I asked her if she wanted me to hold her like a baby and that pretty much ended the mad. So I held her and rocked her and finally she let me go to sleep. In the shower I fell back against the faucet and have a lovely contusion bruise/scrape up my spin. And boy does it hurt!! A squatter I am not. I was attempting to get on level ground so to speak with G to wash her bumps with the body wash and lost balance. Those bumps are going to kill me one way or another!

Now with video!


video video video

8 comments:

amy said...

Oh I love to read your stories....Sounds like to 2 of you have a wonderful relationship

Marla said...

Good for you and G taking the day off, we all need more of them.

I love the tree and video. Looks like you are ready for Santa.

Everyday Mom Designs said...

I wish I could take a day off right now.. haha..

Super Mommy said...

I love playing hookie - have to do it every now and then!

The tree is beautiful. I especially like your Chinese ladies - I haven't seen anything quite like them before.

Donna said...

Gingerbread houses seem to start appearing in stores in September; I guess that's the time to grab one. I got mine at Five & Below a few weeks ago; it's still in the box. I guess that will be one of this weekend's fun projects.

mommy24treasures said...

just dropping by to catch up a little, the holidays have left me without alot of time to check in. Glad all is well, sorry you missed the kit. We made GB men tonight. We are doing the house next week.

Janah @ So Not Mom-a-licious said...

How fun for you both! What an awesome day...when you don't have to worry about work and you can just spend it enjoying those kind of moments.

Ellie Monster said...

You get up at 5am??? Oy vey!

I always loved helping my friends decorate their trees. You see, for Hanukkah, we put down a slab of foil, dig out the Menorah, and voila, decorating is done. Then each night the kids fight over who is going to put the candles in.
I'll admit that the clean up is way easier than you have it!!!