Friday, December 12, 2008

Yo Dude-

This has been one crazy week at the daycare. First, Gs teacher plead guilty to some criminal charges but I don't know the details if it was drugs, felony, misdemeanor or what. So she was fired on Thursday. We got a note that she resigned for personal problems.

Sadly her hubby has cancer and she has a disabled child (I think or I was told/asked). But whatever it was she will no longer be able to work with kids. That is actually the blessing in disguise as she wasn't very patient with them and yelled a lot at them. And she picked on K. Poor K can't catch a break. He is a boy and all boy at that. Very rambunctious and active who happens to get into bits of messes A LOT. I like K but I would not be able to stand the activity either.

Then tonight when I picked up G (still in her classroom) one of the teachers came and shut the door on directive from the cops. Apparently just as I was getting in the building there was a wreck and the cause driver got out of the car and ran into the church. They had not found him when I left and I stayed a bit longer because I didn't feel comfortable leaving the two teachers and their two charges, one of who was a friend's child.

Cool beans huhn? The director of the daycare had been called back up there. I mean the church is big and fairly open. They were having a banquet too and afterschool down the hall. I hope they catch the guy because the wreck was really bad and someone or some people were carried off in an ambulance.

Tomorrow we are heading to the Alpine Village in the evening and then Sunday to the zoo for zoo lights. We are going in the early evening because I am too cheap to do just the evening stroll. Plus all of the exhibits aren't open late and we haven't been to the zoo in a bit. So hopefully next week I will have many more wonderful pics of G.

10 comments:

Super Mommy said...

Drama at the daycare, eh?? How bizzare!! Have fun at the zoo . . .

Everyday Mom Designs said...

That's crazy.. Have fun at the zoo!

EllieNat said...

WOW! You are right! That is a crazy week at daycare!

Vivian M said...

Wow, I am glad she is no longer working at the daycare. And things happen for a reason, I guess.
Have a wonderful time at the zoo!

Heather said...

Still alive, had a lot of catching up to do on your blog.
Have a great Christmas!
Heather BT

Sharon said...

What a week! Britton had a first grade teacher who yelled and at a certain boy most too. It broke my heart for him. I will pray for that teacher but am glad that she was removed from the kids. Hope you get tons of great shots at the Zoo!!

You are so cute about our tree! John puts the lights on the top when he is still in the driveway and can lean it down. Then he stuffs it trhough the front double doors after removing every breakable thing and furniture in its path. Then he finishes the lights at the bootom in the house. THEN Barrington, 5 yrs ago when we first started this, riggs a hook to a mop and leans over the balcony to hang the ornaments near the top. It is too tall for an angel . Good thing too since ours was lost in the move.ahah

We usually find a white fur which had such flimsy branches that we can't hang too many ornaments but this year we found a silver fur which is sturdier, It was only 20. bucks! Can you believe that???? In Orange COunty we would have to spend 100. just for a 8 footer. But so much work, I am amazed that John keeps loving to do it every year. Anyway, sorry about the lenght of this! If you click on Dec 07 on the side bar you can see last years tree that looks the same. I am having trouble getting the whole thing in my new camera!! haha. Have you posted your tree?? I'd love to see some of G's handmade ornaments!!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

That is way too much drama for me!

Marla said...

Man, what a crazy week. I bet your glad its over. Look forward to pic at the zoo.

laurel said...

That is kinda scary in all accounts. Hope things at the daycare calm down and get better. That is a worry you don't need.

Couchkat said...

Yikes, hope everything works out and G gets a great new teacher!