Monday, January 26, 2009

G Conversations

Said at dinner tonight: "Mama, can I have some of that dip? You know the one? The one that wooks wike skin? Herewe I'll show ya." Leading me to the fridge to pull out the hummus!

Said after being told that I was fired from my job: "Why'd you get fie-herd? Gwanndaddy can worhk."

To say that this has been a stressful weekend is quite the understatement. I got an e-mail from one of the owners about my "dereliction of duty" for all of the "back filing" I left to be done. I e-mailed back and said, "It isn't dereliction of duty if I didn't intend to get fired." And he can't complain about all of it 'cuz some wasn't even mine!! I should have said, "Anyone that can keep filing up to date doesn't have enough to do!!"

I can't file for unemployment until the severence runs out, but I was in the unemployment office when they called to verify the severence so that is good. That is my only verification that they would hold to the promise of severence. I don't quite trust them. They are starting the "she is a bad employee we should have known" spiel that the did to everyone they fired over the last year.

I hope to have a new job before then. I got my resume today and e-mailed it to one place. I am taking my laptop to the computer shopt to get an estimate on cleaning it up. It took 3 hours to get the e-mail up today and then I couldn't get it to work properly. So surfing the blogs is a no go for now, I am having difficulty logging into blogger too. But I got this posted just in time for us to get ready for bed.

14 comments:

Ryan Ashley Scott@Optimistic Cynicism said...

I'll keep you in my prayers - hope the job situations works out soon.

Those little conversations are so sweet. The dip that looks like skin! What a hoot. It really does, you know. Thanks for sharing.

Everyday Mom Designs said...

Good luck with everything!

a little leprechaun said...

Hi Beverly! Sorry to hear about the job. I will put you in my prayers. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Big Hugs!

Shaun said...

Oh Beverly, I am so sorry to hear this! Is there anything I can do? Something better has to come along. Keep the faith.

Kelly said...

Good luck in the job search. Hummusas skin kinda grosses me out LOL

Super Mommy said...

Okay - I really like hummus - but G is making me rethink it - skin?? Ewww.

I am continuing to pray for you. Try this site for your search . . .
indeed.com . . .

fricke92 said...

I hope something comes up quickly, in a company you'll enjoy more than the last. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Ellie Monster said...

What jerks. Was the e-mail really necessary? I hope you find something soon.

Meredith Teagarden said...

I am so sorry! I will be praying for you!

Lauri said...

I am so sorry about your job... here is hoping another one is right around the corner

Couchkat said...

I hope something comes up quickly! I know that "in-limbo" feeling really sucks.

Rachel Ann said...

Thank you for stopping by on my SITS day last week. I appreciated all the bloggy love! Sorry I'm so long in returning the favor!!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

I love you Bev and Greg and I are both praying for a new job.

Kelly And Allison said...

Sorry to hear about your job. Good luck with the job search. Hope the situation resolved soon.

Btw, I love your conversations with G. She is so adorable.