Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It Snowed



















No school for G today. We didn't get much but as we never get snow or rarely get snow any sign of it will shut the whole town down! We were able to get dressed and play tick tac toe but really there wasn't enough snow to do much else. She played on her "playground" in the back yard. We drove up (slowly) to my mom's because the country got a lot more than we did in town. G actually enjoyed sliding down the hill too this year as opposed to last March.

I love snow when it hasn't been trampled and looks so clean covering the dirty ground. In the Bible it says that Jesus blood will wash us white as snow and how kind of Him to give us a reminder of what it really looks like to be so clean spiritually!

So this young dad behind our house got his truck rigged with the sled behind it to pull the kids on the sled around the block. I just shook my head at the dangerousness of this; even told my mom what an idiot the man was (in my opinion). Then what does my dad do? Apparently, my opinion doesn't really matter much to him, heh.


















Look ma, no hands!



12 comments:

Ryan Ashley Scott@Optimistic Cynicism said...

What beautiful pictures. I love how pretty fresh snow is on everything.

The Blonde Duck said...

Saying hi from SITS!

ParentingPink said...

What gorgeous pictures! Happy Snow Day!

Thanks for stopping by my SITS featured post today! I love meeting new bloggers!

Christy said...

That is so something my dad woudld have done-- he would have encouraged the no hand thing as well. I agree with the snow thing-- very refreshing adn makes everything feel clean. We too never get snow so on the very rare (every 3 or 4 years) when we get a slight dusting, it is really cool!!

Chirsty :)

a little leprechaun said...

Great pics! Love to see kids sledding - great memories! Hope all is well!

Ellie Monster said...

ha ha ha! That's funny. But, in your defense, a four-wheeler and a TRUCK are two different vehicles. I mean, yes, a truck has four wheels, but it also has a door and a roof and other items which block the view of sledding child. It looks safer than allowing gravity to do the job.

Dawn said...

Wow!! What amazing photographs!! And little Miss G looks so adorable all bundled up!! I bet she enjoyed her snow day!

~Dawn

Vivian M said...

What a fun snow day! We are having a snow day today too, but it is snowing way too hard and it is too windy and cold to be out there.
And I had to laugh at your Dad ignoring the overprotective Mom. Think back to all the crazy things we did when we where kids. Like riding in cars with no seatbelts!

fricke92 said...

Looks like she had a blast!

Everyday Mom Designs said...

Love the pictures!

Don and Denise Sullivan said...

That looks like a ton of fun!

MissMeliss said...

looks like fun...but i would have freaked!! lol