Friday, January 02, 2009

New Year's Eve Re-Cap or Party Like You're 4!

Don't forget the give a way here.

Now on to the very fun new year's eve party hosted by a fellow blogger and adoptive family in our area. There were like 8 families who all received referrals the same summer/year that we met during the wait. Then we added one single mom and another family who was waiting but didn't get referral until the next year so there are 10 families who get together for birthdays and holidays. G calls them her travel buddies though only two are actual travel buddies. One of the families has a Guangxi beauty like G except from a different orphanage. Two other families share the same orphanage. We all supported each other through the wait and now get our kids together as often as we can.

So this family had us all over for a party for New Years. Yes we made it to midnight or "bednight" as G called it. We all had sparkling wine or "sparkling lime" as C2 called it. But all in all in G's estimation it wasn't a party but a "fake party" because there were no "puhcakes" or "birthday." (Mental note: Next time take cupcakes for the kids instead of fattening dip)

G had a great time though and all the kids played very well together despite the hostesses daughter trying to exclude her little brother, sorry O, G told me she was told to tell you "no boys allowed" but that is just the deal with having a big sister!

We almost didn't make it to the "bednight" though because about 15 til, G had had enough. So it took about 15 mins to get G together and our stuff together; then she grabbed my face and said, "Momma, staht da cahr wite NOW!" and with those orders I yelled one final good bye to my friends and skedaddled out of there. No point and witnessing a meltdown that early in the year!

We had actually arrived too early because I only half listen to directions or invites but that gave G the needed time to warm up to everyone. It helps us to have people come in on us rather than walk in on others.

Y'all I am just here to tell you I am still recovering from the party. I am tired and all my joints ache. It is hard to hang with a bunch of 4 year olds, HA!

Oh and I took a whopping 5 pics, yea me! I don't even know why I bothered to bring the camera, I am so lame sometimes!

12 comments:

Super Mommy said...

Sounds fun Bev! Happy New Year!!!

Meredith Teagarden said...

I loved this post. Kids' words recorded always get me!

Happy New Year!

Briana's Mom said...

Now four year olds know how to par-tay! LOL! So glad you had fun!

Happy New Year!

mommy24treasures said...

how fun I agree it was a fake party if there is no cake!
Happy NY!

Monica said...

So...where ARE the five pictures?!
(o;

AZMom said...

Sounds like a fun time even if G didn't make it to bednight :-)

Happy new year!

Gwendolyn said...

I am ALWAYS lame with the camera. I bring it and then get so caught up with the festivities that I forget to take a picture of anything. Thankfully, my teen-ager takes the camera from her inept mother and takes care of business. LOL

Also, anyone who survives a party with four-year-old's is brave indeed. :o)

Tish said...

that is soooo awesome that you have a group of adoptive families to get togetehr with! what a wonderful blessing! happy new year to you!!!!

Everyday Mom Designs said...

What a great thing to get all the kids together. How sweet!

The Princess's Mommy said...

Now you girls are some party animals!! Glad you had a good time!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

I love this kid! Oh yes, when Lottie puts her hands on my face and says, "I need to go now!"....we hightail it out of there!!!!

Vivian M said...

Happy New Year! And just where are those five pics?