Thursday, January 29, 2009

Very Productive Today

I put the "For Rent" sign in my for sale house's yard. Maybe that will take some of the burden off it for me. The realtor actually listed it for me on craig's list and said a renter might help it sell better. I have sent several resumes out but not much happening on them. Today I need to "dumb down" my resume (according to the news) so I can get a foot in the door.

I dropped my ill (personal) laptop off at the computer factory in town. Looks like it will be needing and getting new memory, hoping it won't be anything related to the hard drive at all. I am currently at my mom's again looking on the internet for a job. I need to renew my careerbuilder and monster.com profiles today too. It is just amazing how dependent on the internet everything really is. How do people without internet access live? Anyway I will get it back cleaned up and much faster the middle of next week! I guess like it or not my parents may be seeing a LOT of me until I get my computer back or find a job, whatever comes first.

G is at school today and tomorrow. There is a Chinese New Year celebration we are attending on Saturday (during nap time) which she and I are both looking forward to. We have gone to this one every year so far. Next Sat is a birthday party of one of our travel buds who is turning 5 before G much to G's chagrin. How unfair ;}.

You guys who commented on the beautiful pics were WAY too kind about them. I took those with my Cannon video camera that has poor quality pics on it. I was just trying to capture the snow since we really REALLY don't see it often here. By Saturday the temp will be back in the 60s. The normal temp for this day is around 50, though today it is a bit cold (30s).

8 comments:

Vivian M said...

Good luck in the job search. And it is amazing how dependant on technology we have all become. I remember the days before we had DVD's, VHS, cell phones, computers and music was on vinyl or casette. Ugh, I am dating myself!
Good luck with the house too!

Heather said...

Keep it up my friend, that plugging away. I applied to be a parapro yesterday, A totally new direction for me. Ought to be interesting to see what comes of that.
you're in my prayers.
Heather BT

AZMom said...

good luck with the job search. I do hope you find something and soon.

Give me 10 minutes and then check my blog :-)

Meredith Teagarden said...

I hope things turn around with your house quickly.

laurel said...

I really hope the job search goes well. I am very positive you will find something soon. They are beautiful pictures. Maybe photography could be an income supplement.

Christy said...

Good for you. Sucks you have to dumb it down but I understand why-- you educated girl!!! I think a renter idea is really a good one. The market here sucks really bad but the renter market is booming so why not rent homes out until the market comes back a bit. Good choice!!

Thinking and praying for you!!

The Blonde Duck said...

I know what you mean. I think back to times before the Internet and it seems so foreign now...

Everyday Mom Designs said...

Hang in there..