Sunday, February 08, 2009

G Is Sick

She has a temp of just over 100 which is enough to keep her out of school tomorrow. Thank goodness that my parents are retired and have agreed to let her spend tonight and tomorrow with them. She has the crud in her nose too. I just hope it isn't strep. When I call her school tomorrow I will ask if anyone at her school has had strep yet. If so we are headed for a strep test because that is too risky to self treat. Otherwise, decongestant, motrin and tylenol will do the trick. I am not happy she will miss school either because the little "friend" G plays with is gone this week. It was going to be a good week for G at school.

This "friend" bosses G and bullies her. Even G's teacher has made comments for us and to us and to G. One teacher asked G "If M tells you to jump off a bridge would you do it?" and when G was telling me what the teacher asked her she answered with a be proud of her self smile "Yes." I said, "G, to jump off of a bridge would mean that you would die." And she said, "Well, I want to go see Jesus." Did I mention that one of our goals in therapy is to give G the aggression she needs to not be bullied or bossed or victimized? Yep, that is one of our goals.

G and my parents just came by to pick up her suitcase because she is spending the night with them. G told my mom that her mama was in jail. That I had run a red light and the "policemens" came and took me to jail and the house was empty. Then she got all embarrassed and laughed about it. She gets embarrassed when she is wrong. She guessed that I had eaten nachos for dinner (which I usually do) but I hadn't I had noodles and cheese. She got embarrassed about guessing wrong there too. She is so funny.

Now I am off to bed so I can be up bright and early to get ready for the interview with the headhunter. Oh I hope it goes well!

9 comments:

Kristy said...

All of us have had that same crud and I really hope G starts feeling better soon!

Love, Kristy

AZMom said...

Good luck tomorrow!!

I do hope G gets well soon and it is NOT Strep!

Super Mommy said...

Hope it's nothing serious for G aka strep - the flu has been going on around here.

Said a prayer for you for your interview tomorrow!

Vivian M said...

Hope G gets well soon and that your interview is a good one!

Christy said...

good luck with everything tomorrow and I hope G feels better. Keep us updated.

Christy :)

The Byrd's Nest said...

Praying for this job Bev....

I can't stand little bullies...we have come across this too except Lottie is a victim to them but then turns around and will say the same things to Emma! Ugh!

Sorry she is sick but at least with strep.....and we are the "strep professionals"....you aren't contagious anymore after 24 hours of antibiotics!

laurel said...

We hope G is feeling better soon!

Amy said...

Your so blessed to have your parents near by. That's a real gift! I hope you can find a good job soon, and near your parents!

The Blonde Duck said...

I hope she feels better! Good luck on the interview!

I moved! Come visit me at www.aduckinherpond.com.