Monday, February 16, 2009

G's Conversations

With everything going on and the stress up to my eyeballs, I haven't been in the mode to remember all of the funny and important things G says at least to blog it anyway. But here are two things from this week. One was just funny and one falls into the "things that make you go hmmm" category.

One morning getting ready for school:

The scene- my bathroom. I am combing G's hair at the bathroom counter and she like always is messing with things on the counter. Some of the things are mine and some are hers. One thing (I will let you guess whose) is a plastic frog that she stacks on top of bottles etc.

The toilet is next to the sink roughly 9 inches or so away, which has sometimes lead to things getting knocked into the toilet as G messes. This morning the toilet lid was up so it was probable that something might have gone straight in.

The frog gets knocked off the counter by G. I say, "G you better be glad that didn't land in the toilet because if it had that sucker would be gone."

G (without missing a beat), "It's not a sucker it's a fwog."


Saturday morning on the way home from errands, G: "Mama, did grandaddy sabe you?"
Me: "Um, what do you mean?"
G: "You know sabe you til Gwammie gwoed up? you know after she was a baby and gwoed? you know, waited for you?"
Me: "Did he save me until Grammie grew up and could raise me?"
G: "Yes."
Me: "Um, nope, Grammie and Grandad are roughly the same age. They had me. I grew in Grammie's tummy. Grandad didn't have to save me until Grammie could come get me like your foster mommy saved you for me to come get you."

Now understand, G is not using the word saved as in saved from something but more like saved for something like saving a seat for a friend. I never use saved in reference to her adoption, she wasn't saved from China or from the orphanage or foster mom. She was in a sense saved for me as in held via paper work for my match etc, and held/raised by a foster mom until I could travel (was invited by China) to pick her up in China.

I will tell you this age thing is just confusing to G. She always wants to know who comes first and whose birthday etc comes first or last.

6 comments:

CYNDI ~ DELANEY'S MOM said...

So cute! It's funny how their little minds work!

Vivian M said...

Well I guess she told you!

Vicki said...

Oh my stars. I love it when you post conversationsthe two of you have...and with phonetic spelling of words as G uses them. LOL!!
She's a cutie.
Vicki and Emily

laurel said...

She is quite the gal!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Yes...this "question" phase is so hard for them. Their little wheels are just turning and turning.....

Xazmin said...

It is funny they way they perceive some of the abstract concepts that we have come so used to understanding. Then trying to EXPLAIN to them is a whole different story!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your little girl is adorable!