Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I have got to get out of this house

I am going crazy with the dog. Clementine wants to be in one of three places, on my bed, on the floor next to me or outside. The problem is that she wants to be in one of the spots every 5 mins. I can't play in/out anymore.

There is also only so much coffee I can drink without serious repercussions, apparently. Of course it has taken 4 or 5 weeks to realize that as it is now catching up with me.

I am wanting to get a haircut, short, businesslike but I can't truly justify spending the money although a decent cut would go a long way if I ever get an interview, you know what with first impressions and all.

So thanks for the comments on the unemployment. One thing to clarify, individual employees don't pay into unemployment funds, that is only social security and medicare. All individuals pay into it via the cost of products and services. Since employers have to pay a premium for unemployment based on lots of things they take that into account when pricing for services and goods. Kind of like companies don't pay taxes, people pay taxes because the costs are all passed on to the consumers of products and services. But I still don't like it. Oh and the bank will only allow me to withdraw $500 a day from the atm only. Supposedly it isn't supposed to cost me. I will be very very careful with regards to this stupid card so I won't be charged the fees.

I worked on a budget under unemployment. Let's just say difficult. Forgot to add in my tithe and this morning it through everything into the negative. I was in hardship status with two credit cards last year and "successfully completed the program, you are no longer considered in hardship status. Congratulations!" So I called one card and said that I am now unemployed and still in need of the hardship status. The card said basically tough shi*ite, too bad the federal government guidelines say you aren't in hardship until you have missed lots of payments. So back to the 4 walls plan by Dave Ramsey and maybe back to hardship status eventually. Maybe before then I will have steady income. But let's say my credit WAS good again and now it isn't going to be.

4 comments:

Ryan Ashley Scott@Optimistic Cynicism said...

What constitutes hardship? Being homeless, apparently. It's very upsetting.

Briana's Mom said...

Gosh I am sorry. I really hope you find something really soon.

Vivian M said...

I am still praying. Life seems unfair sometimes.
Do you know anyone who cuts hair? Or are there any chains close by that cut hair for free, say if you donate locks (for example to make wigs for people with cancer?). Check out beauty schools too, sometimes they will cut hair for free or very cheap.

The Byrd's Nest said...

Ummm...I actually will be taught to cut hair at Missionary training...want me to come by?? LOL

On a serious note....I remain on my knees.