Friday, February 20, 2009

Just an FYI

I have a new post over here. This is Squidoo.com and is a very interesting place to add your own .02. If you are looking to monetize but wish not to do so on your own blog you can check out squidoo and put your own thoughts and knowledge out there. Do you have hobbies you want to talk about? Get on a lens! Do you have information you wish to share? Get on a lens!

Twitter for those of you not in the know yet, is one of the fastest growing mini-blogs on the net. This is one of the ways Obama made himself known and very possibly helped him get elected. I believe he is the most followed in the world. I don't follow him!

Half the Sky has a twitter site. Each post is called a Tweet. The tweets are limited to around 140 characters. The more people you follow and that follows you truly does mean you have more internet clout than others. Anyone can have a twitter following. Also, if you wish to monetize your blog then get on twitter and push people to your blog. Or if you just want to keep up with causes you are interested in but don't want lots of long readings sign up! You can send messages to those people who you follow and are reciprocating by following you. I am following several conservative twitters and some independent internet businesses.

Join the twitter craze! You can have the tweets sent to your phone but all charges will apply. And by the way, this is not a sponsored post nor a paid ad for either of these sites. These are just what I am currently doing!


3 comments:

Vivian M said...

Thanks for the info on Twitter. It seems to complicated for me, and I have my hands full with blogging and Facebook.

a little leprechaun said...

Thanks for the info! So you twitter through your phone? Or is it on the computer? Is it like Facebook?

Also, do you have to have a particular kind of phone? I'm sorry, I'm just really curious about this...

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

Being Me said...

I've known about Twitter for a long while... I'm too scared LOL! I'd become addicted in a flash and I already spend far too long on the computer ;)