Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lydia, Rest In Peace

"Lydia earned her angel wings at 4:35 p.m. today in the arms of myself, Mark and my parents. The sun was just starting to set in the West, when she left her earthly body battered by AML. She is now playing with her godsister in Heaven, and is being watched over by Mary, our heavenly mother, into whom I entrusted her care. I feel a serene sense of peace because I was able to tell her to let go, to fly high in the sky with her wings, and to become the most beautiful angel in heaven. When you look at the sky tonight, look at the constellation Andromeda. Several weeks ago, Lydia and I named a star after she and her godsister Hannah. When you see that brightest of stars in the sky named "HannahLiddy" know that it is two angels playing and laughing in heaven.
Blessings,
Monica"

There are no words...

8 comments:

Ohilda said...

Oh Beverly,

I can't even fathom how hard it must be to lose a child. I pray God never allow me to feel that.

I am thankful that her family did feel His serene peace and without a doubt, little Lydia touched lives throughout the globe.

Hugs!

Vivian M said...

How incredibly sad.

Ryan Ashley Scott@Optimistic Cynicism said...

It just doesn't seem right. May God be with her whole family.

a little leprechaun said...

I'm so sorry...

Christy said...

Beverly,

Where is this from? Can you send me the link. Im just... no words

AZMom said...

My thoughts and prayers are with this family. I cannot fathom losing a child.

Sturgmom said...

I have been praying for that family and will continue to do so.

Ellie Monster said...

I have been following Lydia's site for months (since they started looking for her family) and have been checking the site about 100 times a day for the last couple of weeks. I completely lost it yesterday when I saw the update. I stood outside for about 30 minutes starting at her constellation and praying that her journey was peaceful and that her family has the strength to go on in life. I can't even imagine.