Thursday, February 26, 2009

Today's Productivity

After a lifetime, many months, several weeks of looking for a job or some opportunity, I took G to the zoo. It was a nice day here although windy. We saw every creature except spiders and animals of the night. We hit the "maquarium," the barnyard, the bears, pandas, snakes (surprisingly!), and you name 'em if our zoo had it we saw it.

I took lunch so we had a picnic. I believe that was the first official picnic we have ever had together. Very nice day for it too. G took a short nap in the car on the way home. Then we made more magnets. She loves glue and I have so many photo index cards that I could make magnets of my European trips to last a lifetime!!

Then G cooked her own supper, supervised of course, of spaghetti rather fettuccine. She likes the fat noodles best. Now we are watching it's a bugs life. Dinner and a movie, great night you know? Oh and G told me her 2 blankies are having a great social life after she goes to school, having a date night with two other blankies and even getting "marry." At least someone in this house is getting some action has a social life.

Oh and I did call the job I said I wanted and let them know over the phone I was very interested in the job. I even had her pull my resume while I was on the phone, well she pulled it while we were on the phone. Maybe I have a snowball's chance in hades?

I will post zoo pics tomorrow or sometime. And G hates my hair. She tells me she will only get close to me from the neck down. This morning she told me that she thought I still had long hair last night and forgot I got it cut.

10 comments:

AZMom said...

What a fun day!!

Way to go on the possible job. Hopefully it was enough for them to remember you and HIRE you from! Yeah!!

Super Mommy said...

Sounds like a blast! Your zoo sounds more interesting than ours!

I tagged you - come play!!

Jill said...

Oooooh can't wait to see the zoo pics!
Sorry G doesn't like your hair..if it makes you feel better, I do!
Hugs, Jill

Monica said...

Sounds like the trip to the zoo was a lot of fun! ...and I bet she'll grow to like your new style, it's just too new right now, probably.

Susie said...

Good luck on getting the job:-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving such sweet comments! I hope to see you back there soon:-)

Kelly And Allison said...

Sounds like a great day. Hope you get that job you want.

Vivian M said...

Aww, G will get used to your new haircut soon. I think it is very nice!
We don't have a zoo close by, that is something I do miss going to.
Good luck with the job opportunity!
(Hubby was laid off two days ago due to reorganization, so we now know what you are going through first hand, lol).

Heather BT said...

I figure three days for her to get more used to it. That's how long it takes most women to get used to a new hair color!
Take care
Heather BT

Briana's Mom said...

I need to take Bri to the zoo! I haven't done it yet!

Fingers crossed you get the job!

Donna said...

Good luck on the job. Your zoo looks like a lot of fun.