Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What we did today...


crawled through a rat's maze giant puzzle, drove like a maniac tested the car,



weighed ourself (and yes it is singular as the numbers didn't go up high enough for me), planted rice,










said "hi" to a waterbuffalo,












built the Great Wall,














starred in an opera,





and played the drum; all at the children's museum.


Today was therapy day so after that we headed to the museum where we actually caught up with a friend but G decided to act like a brat play shy and refused to play with her. I mentioned her in a post about a year ago and am too lazy to find the post now. She was diagnosed with non-hodgkins lymphoma a year ago today actually. She is doing very well but still has roughly 2 years left of weekly chemo. Her parents keep friends and family informed on a caringbridge site.


Such a different outcome than Lydia who is truly in her last few weeks with AML. If you haven't been to her caringbridge site lately go now and give her mom some emotional comfort. I can't imagine knowing and watching your child die. I don't have that link here either but it is on this blog site as well as other blogs.

I also picked up some ink cartridges for my printer. I have one position I am applying for that I think may be a good thing but I doubt I will get it. I am almost convinced that this is my time to find something I can do at the PC and make money but I need an opportunity that has little investment or is willing to take a payback on investment after income is earned.

Oh and now I am on Twitter as the RamblingMother. If you are there find me. If not, well, get on there, what is stopping you? I am not linking that to my cell and I don't post much but that hasn't stopped anyone from following me, heh! By the way, not that I am looking or anything but some of the men that have chosen to follow are rather good looking in the profile pics, not that I am looking or anything.

4 comments:

Super Mommy said...

What a fantastic exhibit!! G looks like she enjoyed it, despite the fact she was playing solo!!

Good luck on your job you're applying for - think positive thoughts girl!!

fricke92 said...

What a wonderful place! Looks like a fun place to visit!

Sturgmom said...

Looks like you two had so much fun!

I totally don't get Twitter. Care to explain? I'm still stuck in 2007 or 2008 or whatever! ;)

Vivian M said...

Fun! And what is Twitter?