Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Have You Seen My Mother?

Well, you have now.






And yes my face is crooked and that is why my glasses set crooked on my face.

Hey, you see that cute dimple? Why can't that help me find a job? Dimple, dimple who needs a dimple?




I am ba-ack!

Okay so the F group, as I will now be referring to them, apparently can't do any more for me than I can do on my own in the same amount of time. The had been written up in a business journal here and I had read the article. The group claimed that they only help 4 or 5 people out of the 100s that come into their offices every week. Guess what that means? Only 4 or 5 people had the money right then to pay them for their services.

They find you a career and can get you lots of money and the dude actually told me that the only motivated people to use their services (remember ability to pay) makes six figures already or were laid off from a 6 figure job. So if you want a career be ready to pay for it.

When I told him all the income I had was unemployment he actually told me, "Well, maybe now isn't the time." Helk if now ain't the time, then no time will be!! If I have an income then I won't need their services. What the helk is the difference between a career and a job. Think about it before answering. Both perform services and are paid by a company. Some cashiers have a career as a cashier where as some cashiers at the same place have a job. My aunt's career was a bank teller. BANK TELLER, to me, it was a job.

Does it come down to what you are willing to invest, ie, long hours? Well then give me a job, because I missed too much of my baby's life already. Is it money, pay, salary? I need enough to cover bills and living expenses and I can be happy. Is it just enjoying what you do? I have enjoyed most of the people with whom I worked and the actual work itself no matter of the company. The doing of the actual work I liked, the company maybe not or the management of the company not so much.

Then the first head hunter I saw has a two week turn around on job leads I send her. She requested that I send her job links and she will help me. So this last link happened to be a company of theirs except they are in negotiation and can't place anyone, she tells me two weeks after I sent her the link!

Okay so I vented. If you have read this much then here is an update on the neighbor. He had surgery today and did well. He is WELL medicated to the point that what he says doesn't make any sense. And he didn't initially break his leg in my yard, yea! He actually lost his balance (not slipped) and fell on his own concrete driveway first that broke his leg initially. Then being the male rescuer he is, he tried to get up and didn't stay vertical, landing straight in my yard breaking, I am sure, more bones.

9 comments:

Everyday Mom Designs said...

I'm sorry things are looking well.. I wish you the best of luck..

That's great to hear about your neighbor. I'm glad he is okay.

amy said...

Glad to hear about the neighbor. I love your writing!!!!

AZMom said...

Well, I am hoping that since he technically fell in his own yard FIRST that you won't have to pay for it!

LOVE the hair cut! I just got mine cut today and will post pics on my FB account.

And yes, job or career? Just give me something where I am happy and it pays the bils!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Vent away girl! Cute pics, love the glasses!

Glad the surgery went well! Stopping by to say hi :)

laurel said...

I was hoping when I checked in today, we would have good news about a job. Maybe you could be a head hunter. You would do better. Good luck. Glad to hear about your neighbor.

fricke92 said...

The hair looks great! Very professional. Glad the neighbor situation is going in the right direction. Keep the faith on the job situation. The right one for you is out there, just stinks having to be looking for it in this economy.

Vivian M said...

I love your flippy hair and think you look great! Good luck on the interview! And glad to hear that you may not be liable for your neighbor's insurance/medical expenses.
I think you need a new head hunter. Their job is to match job openings with candidates, so they can make a cut/get paid from the hiring company. Why should you bring leads to the head hunter so s/he can take a cut? If you apply on your own, leave the head hunter out of it.

Sturgmom said...

To me, a career and a job are all in the mindset. I could have a career, but instead I have a J-O-B. I like what I do (bonus), but I really just do it so we can eat and pay bills. If money were no object, I'd be home faster than you could say career!

Susan said...

My mother used to ask if she had holes in the back of her head, too. And sometimes she would ask if she had a "shelf" back there. Must be a Southern thing.