Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Out of Pocket

At the daycare, today helping the wonderful Ms. E in G's class. Ms. E is having a garage sale to sell the stuff she had while in college (recent graduate, recent marriage). She is very creative so I mentioned that she probably had some really cool stuff. Well her hubby said any money she made from selling her old stuff would go to grown up new stuff. Well she mentioned that she had a zebra print shoe chair that she was going to sell. SCORE! So I told her we wanted it so to let us know when she was going to have the sale and we would come get it. I think G will love it!

Anyway, this morning at drop off I asked if she already had the sale and she said she hadn't but that she is giving G the chair. We don't have to buy it. All for my volunteering and G bringing her flowers two days last week. Isn't she wonderful? So all that to say, tomorrow if things go well G will have a newish chair, fun huhn?

Our across the street neighbor was outside yesterday afternoon when G and I came back from wally world. G was outside waiting on me and she came running in to tell me N was outside. I asked if she was the only one or if anyone else was with her. She said, "Well, the big people were out there."
I said, "The big people? Which big people?"
She said, "Maybe, I saw her mama and her daddy. But I don't know who dey were."

So now you know we are the big people.

4 comments:

The Princess's Mommy said...

Can't wait to see the zebra chair! I bet G is gonna love it!!

Love ya,
Monica

fricke92 said...

How cool on the chair! I love it when things work out so nicely!

The Byrd's Nest said...

When you write out her conversations...I swear...I can hear her speaking...just darling!

I can't wait to see her zebra chair and how very blessed you are.

K said...

I've seen those chairs. I've always secretly wanted one.

I love that we are the big people.