Friday, March 27, 2009

Times: They Are A Changin'

So I am going to be 39 sometime this year which means I was born in 1970 (in case math is difficult for you as it sometimes is for me). Now, I don't remember a lot about my toddlerhood and childhood but I am pretty sure there were no matching br*as and pa*nty sets for 4 year olds when I was one. I will have to ask my mom but I am pretty sure there just weren't any.

In this day and age though, there are girls in G's class who are wearing matching b & p sets. Not just standard white sets but se*xy black ones with pink ribbons on them, AT AGE 4. What the heck!?!?!?!

4 year olds haven't anything to put in br*a by the way, not even chunky kids. So is it any wonder why we have children being kidnapped and sold into prostitution in this country when we have over se*xua*lized our children? And no, matching sets for 4 year olds aren't cute. Dressing a 4 year old up like a little woman is NOT, I repeat NOT, cute! It will never be cute. So who came up with the idea to make and sell matching br*a and pa*nty sets to the pre-school set?

10 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

Sad...very sad. The worst I had was "days of the week panties".

I am a little glad to be taking my little ones out of this environment that Elisabeth had to grow up in...not that Mexico will be better...just not so westernized. Clothes are not important there....

3 Peanuts said...

I cannot believe this! Who would BUY them is what I want to know?

I did go private for about 10 days because a kid in my son's class found out about our blog and broght on a photo of my son. he was not mean about it but we closed it down hoping the kid would lose the site or forget about it.

KIm

laurel said...

Are you kidding me? No way! That is terrible. I totally agree, kids need to slow down on the growing up thing, parents too.

Heather BT said...

Because C's nine, I did get her Cami/tank top type things, but not bra's. Cute underwear is one thing, sexy is just wrong. I'm glad I'm not raising a girl during the recent past's super slut styles. At least the current styles cover their bodies!

marilyn said...

All I can say is yuck. Thankfully Emilia is still in a 3T, I don't think they are selling bras in that size yet?! I thought all the princess crap was bad enough!
Although this does bring back memories of the Saturday Night Live skit a while ago with the thong diaper--that was pretty funny.

Anonymous said...

You have got to be kidding me! Have you seen that new show on TLC I think it is, "Toddlers in Tiaras?" Its nothing short of sick. Who would go to one of these except p***philes? My mom had to FORCE me to wear a bra when I was 12 and actually needed one. Then I would take it off and put it in my purse at school!

And how about those shorts and pants that have writing across the butt? Why would a parent let a toddler wear this stuff?

Gail said...

What in the world?!!! This is sick, I didn't wear a bra until 12 and then I didn't need one. What kind of strange parents would buy their kids this.

Couchkat said...

What? I struggle with kids clothes too, especially when they get to be Sophie's age. The only matching sets I know of are camisoles and panties. We have a couple of Strawberry Shortcake ones I believe. This is ridiculous.

Everyday Mom Designs said...

Wow.. that is disgusting..

Louanne said...

When I see these in the stores I get so upset that my head wants to explode. Some of them actually have UNDERWIRES in them. I am not joking.

It's sick and so many people just don't seem to care.