Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What We Did This Afternoon







The days are so warm and long that G loves to be outside. So in the wind, we played (shortly after coming in the rain came through). There are thunderstorms coming through tonight.
I am still working on my parent's trip book. Kodak (at least my mother's kodak) and Shutterfly don't like each other. Shutterfly won't recognize my mom's pictures as jpeg though they are. So I loaded the pics to ArtsCow. Now I like that ArtsCow allows much more flexibility to the layouts, backgrounds etc. I also like that they are much cheaper. I like that I can add either pictures or text or both to a pre-set layout. It seems to be much more fluid than Shutterfly.
What I don't like is that I can't add pictures to the book even though the option is there. I don't like that I can only see one picture at a time to choose from to put in the book (shutterfly shows more pictures at a time). I don't like that the pictures don't necessarily re-size like Shutterfly.
I can't speak of the quality yet as I haven't ordered the (now going to be) two books of the trip. I will have two 8x8 39page books when I am done rather than one large book of the trip. Oh well, mom says she doesn't mind.
Shutterfly started a new share site that is like a blog but will allow many more photos and photo books (but only those loaded with Shutterfly) to be displayed. I started a sight called More Memories of Life. I can display many more pics there than on blogger and Shutterfly has unlimited free storage. I don't know how long ArtsCow will store photos. I am not sure if I set the sight up to be by invite only so if you go there and can't see anything let me know.

9 comments:

a little leprechaun said...

She is so cute!! And so happy!!

Hope your week is going well!

AZMom said...

My kids used to have that same play set! I loved it and so did they!

I put the recipe on my blog along with the one for taco soup! Easy and quick and cheap to make! Enjoy!

Vivian M said...

What a cool site, I was able to go there and see all your pictures! We have a dropshots site for that same reason, but I have it password protected.
Enjoy the Spring weather! And have fun volunteering at G's class tomorrow!

Don and Denise Sullivan said...

Wow, she looks bigger in these photos. Funny how some photos make them look older. Nice that she can play outside without a coat on!

Frenzymom said...

I'm jealous of the warmth. It's cold & snowy here again. I'll have to check out the Arts Cow site.

The Byrd's Nest said...

What a great playset! We are enjoying the rain today...it is nice...I even took a nap while the girls played on the floor;)

I will check out the other site at bedtime!

The Princess's Mommy said...

Awesome playset! Looks like so much fun!! She is just adorable!

Love,
Monica

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

Looks like a fun afternoon. I haven't heard of artcow, but I might check it out. Shutterfly is the only one I've done.

packey said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Betty

http://laptopprocessor.info