Sunday, March 29, 2009

Zoo Pics

I took G to the zoo on Friday. I tell you, we get the most out of our family pass every year. It was cool but not cold. One of our newest favorite stops to make is the foot massager for $.25. It just about rattles your brains.


This cheetah was pacing like he was very hungry. It is sort of a cruel set up because the meercats are right across the path from the cheetahs. The meercats happened not to be in the pen this day though.

OOOH and we have two red pandas that stay pretty much far up in the tree tops.





Another thing G loves is to throw money in the reflecting pool. It happened to be some of her change.









Posing with a hippo.
This day we wore the same shirts to the zoo and our 'matching' flip flops and G says, "Hey, we wook wike twins." I said, "We sure do, baby."
The other day we were at the market and I gave G a $20 to pay the bill. The cashier gave me the change and G looked at me and said through clinched teeth trying not to make a scene, "That's my change."
I said, "No, it is mine."
She said, "But I paid for it." She wasn't mad just trying to tell me without causing either of us embarrassment. Isn't she considerate?
After our afternoon painting at the pottery place G asks, "Mama can we go to the 'ottery." Took me a bit to figure out what she was talking about, LOL.
G and I both have the yucky sinus drainage plus going on. I can't get G dried up, and she complains of a soar throat, but she hasn't had a fever. Of course the temps have been in the 70s and today is dropping to low 40s or high 30s. No wonder we are sick.

4 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

I hear ya girlfriend...we have the exact same weather. This morning 32 degrees....tomorrow 75...just crazy! We have already given away all of our winter clothes..lol

I love the picture of her with the hippo..what a sweet smile...you should zoom in on our sweet little face.

Funny how they think it is their money! lol

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

I wouldn't mind having one of those fab zebra foot massing chairs here at my house! The zoo makes for such a fun time - without tvs and video games!

fricke92 said...

Hope you are both feeling better. This crazy weather is playing with everyone's health. Looks like the zoo outing was tons of fun!

a little leprechaun said...

Very fun!! We are having the sinus issues too. Hope they end soon!