Tuesday, April 07, 2009

G's Coversation

Last night in bed G kept saying she was scared. Sometimes this is a ploy to stay awake. I asked her what she was afraid of and she said, "a wickie witch."

I said, "There is no wickie witch in here, now go to sleep" (yeah I am sympathetic to a point and that point is anytime after 9pm, heh).

She said, "No the wickie witch is on my side. In my mind it's dere."

I said, "Well, tell your mind it isn't really there."

She said, "Well, mom my mind doesn't talk."

Oh the logic of an almost 5 year old!

8 comments:

Vivian M said...

Wow, that's deep. We are still battling imaginary monsters here, and a fear of bad guys that Kerri thinks will take her away from us in the middle of the night.
If you ever find the "cure" let me know!

Clare said...

you have a smart one there! Here is one for you: my 3 year old loves blues clues and you know there is Steve and Joe followed right? The other morning she woke up at 6 am saying that Joe and Steve were at her window!

Stacey said...

I love kids logic!

Sugar Boogers & Tantrums said...

I agree...Thats pretty deep for a 5year old. She is a smart kid. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great week!

kerri said...

We used a flashlight(used the ones you have to shake, no batteries) for those monsters and wicked witches, they don't like the light, scares them off everytime!
Kept the girls in their beds too, LOL.

K said...

Well, I'm glad the wicked witch is on her side. We could all use the back up.

Ronnica said...

Hey, I don't know, my mind talks way too much!

BTW, the story is up. Thanks for your input!

http://ignoranthistorian.com/2009/04/frankenstein-and-rock-n-roll/

Kelly said...

:) She's a smarty pants!