Monday, April 13, 2009

Remember the Birthday Shirt?

Well, there is a birthday song G has about making a 10 layer birthday cake that goes splat at the end of the song. So G wanted the 10 layer cake on the back of her shirt. So I did that and let it dry. I was adding finishing touches on it today for her and my paint clogged on the "e" in layer. No way to fix it. So I gobbed more on to look like an icing accident. And then threw some more paint "globs" of "icing" around the other side and on the plate. Can I just say, apparently, I don't know when enough fixing is enough and I think I ruined her shirt! I am a bit anxious about it. Of course she doesn't know how to read anyway but everyone else will see it.


Sorry, G, Mom doesn't know when to stop!
So last night in bed G was saying how all of her animals were boys and she was a boy too. Now I was playing around with her and said, "Well, then I will have to take you back to China and exchange you for a G, girl." She said, "Mama, will you have to abandage me?" Oooops.

I said, "No, I guess I will just have to get used to having a boy around. I will never abandage you!"

She said she changed her self with her "a-magical wand," and that I didn't have an "a-magical wand" so I couldn't change myself to a daddy for her to be my son. Finally before we fell asleep she and I were back to our normal mother/daughter selves.

I am not sure why she thinks this being a boy is so funny or fun to do. Her little best friend that I wish wasn't has a brother so this one plays like she is a boy which gets G into playing too. Yeah, I know it means nothing now, but I want her to be happy as the tomboy little girl she was made to be. Plus some of the girls can be so mean already!

9 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

I like the shirt! I never wanted to be a boy. They smelled funny. But all my friends were boys...so maybe I smelled funny too?!?!?

I am Harriet said...

Hang in there. Nice shirt.
Stopping by from SITS to say hello!

Kristy said...

I love that shirt!!! And shes pretty smart all of my "Truest" friends growing up were boys!!

Love, Kristy

Mama Duck said...

I think that the shirt turned out just fine--quit worrying about it! G reminds me of another G in my class this year (different name, same initial) who is definitely a tomboy. She likes to play in the construction center with the boys, and when she is in the role play center, she likes to be the "brother." She has good comebacks if she ever gets any teasing, and I tell all of the kids that there are no boy colors and toys and no girl colors or toys. Everything is OK for everybody.

Heather BT said...

Howdy!
My 18 year old nephew Brandon is here & he looked over my shoulder and said 'nice shirt, funkadelic' so there you have it, the shirt is truly fine according to my extremely with it kin.

Thank You! I couldn't believe it, you're truly giving up a couple starbucks for us, and it touches my heart. Thanks my blog buddy. You made my day.

Christy said...

Love the shirt!! With all the frosting it looks so much like G's style!! Too cute!

Christy :)

ha, nothing wrong with the tomboy thing-- I was one!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Ugh...little girls are very mean. Elisabeth had a miserable middle school/high school experience because of girls.

I LOVE the shirt and you did a fabulous fabulous job my friend!

Elizabeth said...

I totally didn't notice the "e" error until you pointed it out. I thought it was decorative. Don't point it out to anyone - it's look adorable!!!!!

Vivian M said...

Love the shirt, and never noticed, thought you purposely put a birthday candle in there. Still trying to figure out where the supposed "mistake" is!